Default Lifting XC70 2012 in 2 stages :-)

Hi all

I would like to share my experiences in lifting the my XC70 2012. Until now I like the looks of it.

Stage 1
    I bought 235x60x17 ( 5% higher wall ) Cooper WeaterMaster WSC. Don't Advice to buy them because 2 of the 4 tiers
    needed huge amount of lead to get them balanced. I bought them because I like to have a set of tiers that also do a good job off-road.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181222_130016s.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	8883
    I personally find this that this size fits more naturally, and fit without hitting anything.

Stage 2
    Is more fun For the front I already designed a lift kit. I am looking for about an 1" lift for now, and that means that I have to create about 1.4cm thick filler
    I created a filler that goose between the upper strut bearing and the chassis.
    The problem with this is that the strut bearing has a slight curve. And that is not really easy to make.
    I printed with PETG ( a strong filament ) 2 parts, A spherical top and a hollow bottom that match the curves of the bearing.

Name:	DSC00451s.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	8884

Will try to fit them, if the weather will allow this cars to big for the garage I have :-(
    For the rear I still have to design them, should be easier, no curves there, but could not order
    the rubber spring seat so that I could measure it

Be carefull when only lifting the front, you don't want to shine light in the eyes of on coming traffic :-)
    But I like the idea! I have automatic height correction on the back, so there is no possibility to lift that. ( Nivomat )

Quote Originally Posted by Eta76 View Post
    Be carefull when only lifting the front, you don't want to shine light in the eyes of on coming traffic :-)
    But I like the idea! I have automatic height correction on the back, so there is no possibility to lift that. ( Nivomat )
    The way that I want lift it it is possible to lift a Nivomat XC/V70, I only fill the spring, but it is not so difficult to also do the same for the shock,
    The only thing is that you should make that filler from aluminium

This russian guy is selling it but not from aluminium
    https://tema4x4.ru/catalog/?q=xc70&s=

would not buy the front spacers they are flat on the top and the bottom and that is not how the strut mount is.

I now realize that I also need to adjust the head light when Front and bag are lifted, The sensor is on the rear axle and it thinks
    that the back is higher making the lights go up :-), Will copy the light pastern to the wall.

Going to a 235/60 tire (from 235/55), the circumference of the wheel increases by 3.5%. So, your speedometer and odometer will under-report your
    speed and kms by this amount.

Just a comment re my experience.

My 2009 was speedo was out when on the stock 235/55 s.

Changing to 235 / 60 makes the speedo now better than 1% accurate.
    Now reads with zero or +1 km/h at 110 km/h (70 mph)

I have checked with multiple GPS devices including a QStarz 10 Hz unit that I use when I take my motorbike to the track.
    --------------------------------
    Current: 2008 XC70 D5
    Previous Volvos: 140, 240s, 440s, S40, V70s

finally some good weather. installed the back 3D printed spaccer.
    IT looks good

Name:	IMG_20190216_171535.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	8940

https://www.spaccer.com/en_US/home.html

Any experiences with SPACCER?
    XC70 D5 AWD Polestar

you could use that for the rear, the problem is that the front has a small travel adding these in the front would reduce the travel down linear, that is why I put the spaccer on top of the strut

Front also done if I would make the spaccer bigger it will get very difficult to install,
    almost can't push the suspension arm down any more, Good thing is that the arm is not hitting
    the sub-chassis.

Name:	55752294_2041026482676950_5635290395668643840_o.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	8949

Next changes will be the air in take, so that the air intake will be in the top of the engine compartment, just below the hood

Looking good. How does it handle in the corners?