Default XC70 seat problem

Have a 2014 Volvo XC70 D4 which has an odd seat issue. Have noticed that occasionally there is a feeling of movement within the seat like a 'popping' feeling.
    I originally thought that this was movement of the seat itself but there is no movement when checked. I'm fairly sure the feeling comes from within the seat itself and doesn't seem to be linked to cornering/braking but happens at random.This is annoying as I'm now waiting for it to occur. There are some on-line references to a similar problem on earlier models with a complex technical fix but not sure if these are related. Anyone experienced this or any views? Thanks.

Try to sharpen your description. Is the movement in the seat bottom or seat back? Can you make the problem better or worse
    by playing with the seat motors? With the lumbar control knob?

I have been experiencing something very similar in my 2016 XC70. Not every time but often when pulling away normally from a stop, or making a stop, there is a sensation that the seat shifts slightly forward or backward respectively. This occurs at low speeds and seems to be random, though it is frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by sixof1 View Post
    noticed that occasionally there is a feeling of movement within the seat like a 'popping' feeling.
    Yes my 2015 xc70 does that also - might be related to the WHIPS system - where the hinges move to protect our tiny necks from a rear collision. Almost feels like there is an extra hinge in the seat back, I only feel it on the left side. Pictures show a solid seat back frame with weird expanding hinges. Here's a GIF of those hinges at work protecting a neck.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAP