Default XC90 AM/FM Radio Not Working Occasionally, But CD works fine?

Curious, anyone else have this strange problem of AM/FM radio not working occasionally, at random, will stop, then may work again a day or so later as if a loose connection somewhere, but it is not a power issue for CD works fine, so my question is, are these two separate units as it appears in pictures, so one has no impact on the other? I have found no solution or even same symptom talked about on others forums, so curious if anyone has an answer to this. Can I just change AM/FM radio, or does it need programming like all other modules usually do when replaced.

Can't offer a solution. Mine failed years ago, both CD and radio. Occasionally radio would come on but once car was shut off the radio would not come on with next start. At one time CD came on also. Volvo dealer said it might be $2,000 to correct. So silence from no commercials is golden but I do miss CD

I'm pretty new to my XC90, but from what I've learned (if accurate), is that the radio antenna connections and the radio tuner section is in the aft overhead. That may be the place to look and unplug and reset connectors. My research suggests that the different modules are individually responsible for their functions and that the stereo display and control unit is just a user interface. Maybe someone can verify this?

Quote Originally Posted by FORCEDSUCCESS View Post
    Curious, anyone else have this strange problem of AM/FM radio not working occasionally, at random, will stop, then may work again a day or so later as if a loose connection somewhere, but it is not a power issue for CD works fine, so my question is, are these two separate units as it appears in pictures, so one has no impact on the other? I have found no solution or even same symptom talked about on others forums, so curious if anyone has an answer to this. Can I just change AM/FM radio, or does it need programming like all other modules usually do when replaced.
    Wow, what a dead forum, all this time and no responses, pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by FORCEDSUCCESS View Post
    Wow, what a dead forum, all this time and no responses, pathetic.
    So, did you ever look at the antenna module in the overhead?

Default No AM/FM Radio but CD works fine

Quote Originally Posted by Capndirk View Post
    So, did you ever look at the antenna module in the overhead?
    Yes, I swapped out whole rear antenna tuner module as a last resort, no change. LED red bus was on to rear module, so I am at a loss to figure it out, changed everything related to radio including two heads although all had display???

Thanks