Default Just bought 2013 T6 - impressed with driving experience

I drive a 2004 XC70 (P2). My wife has been in an '07 S60 the past 8 years, and is due for an upgrade.
    We found this "Flamenco Red" 2013 T6 on Cars dot com, and went out of the way (750 miles) to buy it.

I'm very impressed with this P3. If anyone is thinking of getting one....

The driving experience is one of the strong points of this car. It's a "crossover" between station wagon and SUV, and the center of gravity is low enough that it doesn't "roll" like the XC60. The 300 hp T6 is very smooth and responsive in any situation, giving avg. 21 mpg. It's equally roomy as the P2 XC70s, and comes with advanced safety features such as automated collision-avoidance braking, and Blind Spot Indicator System.

Buying one of these, as others in these pages will attest, always come with some risks. We looked for a 1-owner vehicle with full maintenance documented on Carfax, and traded in to a Volvo dealer. The dealers do an extensive inspection, and vehicles that have problems are shunted off to the auction. Any Volvo sold by the dealer has survived the cut. We didn't buy a warranty.

The bucket seats are rated the best compared to Audi, BMW, Mercedes.

I can try to answer general questions about this model.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2269.jpg  

Nice one. Lovely colour. I'm keeping my eyes out for a nice P3 locally to replace my '07 XC. I'd like to find one with the same 5 Cyl as I'm familiar with it and do my own maintenance.

From what I know, the P3 XC70 up thru 2013 used the inline straight 6 (B6304 T4) or (B6324 S) engines.

The 5-cylinder turbo was brought back the last 3 production years, 2014-16 (B5254 T12 and T14). We're talking North America
    gas cars, right?

The seat warmers are excellent, and the Haldex AWD is supposed to be instantaneous. I really like the headlight system. My '13 has
    the active-steering headlights, great for mountain driving.
    Last edited by pbierre; 11-20-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Wikipedia says 8-11 and 14-16 had the 5cyl available. N/A gas, yes. Must not have been used much though as a quick look through local autotrader showed only cars with 4s and 6s.

My '07 has the active lighting (great so far) and the 4c electronic suspension (that's too expensive to fix when it gets old, mine have been replaced with regular suspension).