Default Reprogramming Homelink

I have tried following the instructions for reprogramming the Homelink system with the garage door opener, and no matter which instructions I follow (XC70 owners manual, Homeling website), nothing seems to work. Anyone out there ever run into this problem? Anyone out there have a trick?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goes211 View Post
    I have tried following the instructions for reprogramming the Homelink system with the garage door opener, and no matter which instructions I follow (XC70 owners manual, Homeling website), nothing seems to work. Anyone out there ever run into this problem? Anyone out there have a trick?

Thanks
    Here is what I needed to do to program Home link

1. Press the learn button on the garage door opener

2. put the home link in the programming mode

3. try to program the home link by pressing the first button (this will likely fail)

4. use a working remote while programming the home link will get the home link to recognize the rolling code

5. make sure that all remotes now work, if they don't then press the learn button and then operate the remote button

this video shows what needs to be done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXrf9O-yY30

Good Luck

Paul

1st post, must be a new car to you - some pre 2015? homelink remotes do not work with some of the new garage door openers without an adapter. I had to buy an adapter for my new Chamberlain opener (that replaced a broken one) to be able to get it to accept homelink signals from a 2001 and 2002 Volvos, and a 2005 bww. My 2015 Volvo homelink programmed normally. This is what i had to buy, and there's a whole bunch of angry comments about it.

https://www.chamberlain.com/homelink...p/HOMELINKRPTR

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    1st post, must be a new car to you - some pre 2015? homelink remotes do not work with some of the new garage door openers without an adapter. I had to buy an adapter for my new Chamberlain opener (that replaced a broken one) to be able to get it to accept homelink signals from a 2001 and 2002 Volvos, and a 2005 bww. My 2015 Volvo homelink programmed normally. This is what i had to buy, and there's a whole bunch of angry comments about it.

https://www.chamberlain.com/homelink...p/HOMELINKRPTR
    Not a new car to me. The #1 button on the Homelink is broken, so I need to program the #3 button, since the #2 button is programmed for another garage door. Thanks for the link.