Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Isn't it possible that the message will go away after a number of successful "runs"?
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by K1XC70 View Post
    ran the patch again and then try to install "VIDA All in one" again,
    The patch is installed after you install VIDA. I've had complications where I had to start with a blank hard drive after installation failures. So I started making a clone of the hard drive with just windows on it to have a spare if any installation problems occurred. - Was easier/quicker to recover that way.

Certainly the installation failures could be solved by someone with certain computer skills but there is usually not a help desk for illegal software

Another software installation option would be to use a Virtual Machine:
    https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...-Download-Link
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

I now have both Virtual Machine and direct All in One VIDA installed, the DVD that came with the unit I bought was not good, but same could be downloaded and installed OK on
    my WIN7 Pro laptop. Thank you all for the help.
    Now I am trying to make VIDA communicate to car via DICE.

I still have an error running VIDA, I have VIDA All-in-One running, after the log in there are 7 tabs on screen , Information and Diagnostics tabs are greyed but after I enter VINS of my 2 Volvo on Vehicle profile and select a vehicle, the Information tab become clickable showing parts for the vehicle. At this point a message pops inside a red rectangular box over Communication tool in the left side of screen, the message is "unable to get property '0' of undefined or null reference" this message pops with or without DiCE connected and I believe is a software error that I need to get rid of in order to activate Diagnostics tab and proceed.
    When I have DiCE connected and powered up in vehicle and plugged into my Win 7 Pro laptop, I could click on Dice Configuration and run Test Communication Tool , it indicates that VIDA communicate with DiCE OK, but when I click on Read Vehicle ( Under DiCE-206751 ) the same "unable to get property '0' of undefined or null reference" pops again.
    It seem while VIDA can communicate with DiCE , it can not read or connect to vehicle as long as the condition that the error indicates is not fixed and I have no idea what
    "unable to get property '0' of undefined or null reference" is taking about. It appears to be a software issue that exists regardless of connection to DiCE and vehicle and as long
    as this error show, no diagnostics ( or clearing SRS message) can be performed.
    I APPRECIATE ANY HELP OR COMMENT ABOUT THE ERROR I AM GETTING
    running VIDA in Virtual machine is too slow on my laptop so I do not use VM and only run VIDA All-in-One

Quote Originally Posted by K1XC70 View Post
    I still have an error running VIDA, I have VIDA All-in-One running, after the log in there are 7 tabs on screen , Information and Diagnostics tabs are greyed but after I enter VINS of my 2 Volvo on Vehicle profile and select a vehicle, the Information tab become clickable showing parts for the vehicle. At this point a message pops inside a red rectangular box over Communication tool in the left side of screen, the message is "unable to get property '0' of undefined or null reference" this message pops with or without DiCE connected and I believe is a software error that I need to get rid of in order to activate Diagnostics tab and proceed.
    When I have DiCE connected and powered up in vehicle and plugged into my Win 7 Pro laptop, I could click on Dice Configuration and run Test Communication Tool , it indicates that VIDA communicate with DiCE OK, but when I click on Read Vehicle ( Under DiCE-206751 ) the same "unable to get property '0' of undefined or null reference" pops again.
    It seem while VIDA can communicate with DiCE , it can not read or connect to vehicle as long as the condition that the error indicates is not fixed and I have no idea what
    "unable to get property '0' of undefined or null reference" is taking about. It appears to be a software issue that exists regardless of connection to DiCE and vehicle and as long
    as this error show, no diagnostics ( or clearing SRS message) can be performed.
    I APPRECIATE ANY HELP OR COMMENT ABOUT THE ERROR I AM GETTING
    running VIDA in Virtual machine is too slow on my laptop so I do not use VM and only run VIDA All-in-One
    Look for 1moretech on eBay. He sells perfectly working versions of vida for $40.

I just got it from him and it's super simple, no stress. I too got the Chinese unit on eBay with the DVD that was corrupted and wouldn't load. I found a thread somewhere about him and it's saved my life, was so stressful trying to get the crap to work.

There is a dice diagnostic tool that is installed with VIDA with it's own icon. (in the list of programs found with the start button, with or without VIDA running)

I recently purchased one of the cloned DICE units (after having owned and used 2 factory DICE units w/ bluetooth for many years until I sold my business)

The first DICE unit i was sent did not work properly. When it would connect it would only talk to modules on the high speed network (CEM ECM TCM). To get it to do that i would have to run the dice diagnostic every time. The second DICE the vendor sent me seems to work ok. Also the VIDA disc that was shipped with the first DICE would not install.

Guess that's what you can expect when a cloned Dice copy costs $82 shipped from California, and the factory tool is about $650.

I understand that my $69 DiCE/VIDA can be Chinese cloned and ultimately prove unreliable, but up to this point I am convinced that my DiCE is working. The DVD that came with
    my DiCE/VIDA purchase never installed, so I installed VIDA All-in-one from a download that is mostly working except the "unable to get property '0' of undefined or null reference" error that I hope to fix.
    Also have another VIDA all-in-one installed from a DIFFERENT downloaded source that embed it in an Oracle Virtual machine, on my dual core laptop the VM All-in-one VIDA runs
    excruciating slow ( a minute between key strokes or have to reboot) , but it runs, so ran it once, it read my XC70 and I could run Diagnostics that it shown the controllers with one in orange plus some errors related to ABS (something out of permitted range) while this install of VIDA all-in-one is too slow and useless to be of any value,it proceeded enough to show my DiCE can talk to the XC70 controllers, this together with "unable to get property '0' of undefined or null reference" error popping with or without DiCE connected to laptop convince me that I still have VIDA all-in-one install problem and need to fix the existing install or wipe it and re install from different source or download.
    I was hoping to see if any one else had seen "unable to get property '0' of undefined or null reference" error

There are many features of VIDA that could be causing such an error. In this case is a Java error maybe due to an incompatible version of Java. Instead of trying to use an old laptop or a virtual machine for which you don't have enough RAM, use a decent laptop and install VIDA under windows 10. It works great. Just follow these instructions to the letter.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...Windows-10-Pro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast