Default Door lock relays???

I've read through so many threads and posts regarding door locks. Actuators, relays, and defective wiring have all been mentioned as possible culprits for my problem. I have a 2002 XC70 purchased approximately a year and a half ago. The right front power door lock has never worked. I replaced the actuator (what a pain!) and there was no difference. I'm thinking that the problem is probably the relay for that door...but where is it? Can someone explain to me where it is, or even possibly post a picture of its location? BTW, the lock does work manually just fine.

I feel your pain over replacing the actuator, I have done this twice. There is an internal micro-switch within the actuator apparently. There are supposedly relays on the rear fuse board in cargo area.There are numbers on each location (I count 14) according to wiring diagrammes: RM123 and RM124 which are at the bottom on left control RHS. RM19, RM20 are tailgate locking and unlocking. RM11 and RM12 on right above shunts are lock LH Rear and unlock LH Rear. I am going from notes made some time ago, dont have a note for RHS rear but they may be the two relays between 19-20/123-124. There is a short Youtube video showing all three locations for fuses and relays if you google Volvo XC 2001. Having said all that my 01 does not have relays in RM11/12. Take a look in the resources section there is a pdf.
    Last edited by nickbw; 05-05-2020 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikpsychos View Post
    I'm thinking that the problem is probably the relay for that door...but where is it? Can someone explain to me where it is, or even possibly post a picture of its location? BTW, the lock does work manually just fine.
    Here is the central lock wiring diagram and a component legend. 3/127 is the Passenger door module, 3/75 is the RF door latch. Note that none of the 9 relays shown in the diagram (or mentioned in the previous post) are listed for the FRONT door locks. I trust the c36 fuse for the rf door lock is good on the end of the dashboard. If so it could be a broken wire between the door and the body -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02 central lock.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	9283Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02 components.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	9284