Thread: Salvage yards.

Default Salvage yards.

My son needed to visit the local salvage yard Saturday and i decided to tag along, nothing more fun than a pick and pull, like a kid in a candy store!, V70, XC70, and various sedan models all to be scavenged, 3 Volvo coils and 1 next to new Bosch, various trim items like the wiper arm covers, lost those in car washes, 2 hub caps, and a thermostat housing complete, 3 lock knob rings, lost one on the 02, rear power outlet, mine missing the cover, and the air director for under the passenger seat, missing that on 02, all the attaching hardware for the items ignition coil cover bolts, all for just shy of $50. Plenty of good stuff left on the cars, will be back there, G,Day!
    Last edited by AKAMick; 06-17-2018 at 06:50 PM.

I did the same a few months back: picked up a drivers seat (heater went in mine over the winter) and matching passenger seat (power, mine was manual), a dog/luggage gate and a bunch of other pits and pieces - all for $75 or so. This was near Ottawa. Where is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by goldxc70 View Post
    I did the same a few months back: picked up a drivers seat (heater went in mine over the winter) and matching passenger seat (power, mine was manual), a dog/luggage gate and a bunch of other pits and pieces - all for $75 or so. This was near Ottawa. Where is yours?
    Near Portland, Maine, some of the cars where not there because of collision damage, there are very nice looking cars so i expect they had been interned for mechanical faults, rather a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMick View Post
    Near Portland, Maine, some of the cars where not there because of collision damage, there are very nice looking cars so i expect they had been interned for mechanical faults, rather a pity.
    Same in Ottawa. IIRC, there were a total of 3 x XC70's, 1 x V70 and 1 x S60. A few cars were in very good condition. Others had been very well stripped before I got there unfortunately

Good pick n pull yard in the SF Bay Area, in Fremont at the bayside end of Mowry Ave. I saw 25-30 Volvos.

I also have used online salvage to locate parts. The passenger side door lock module -- I got at a great price online from a junker.

Love our pick n pull yards. I've scouted 5 in a 50 mile radius. Got an OEM pet gate for $10! We're in Marcellus NY outside of Syracuse. Dave