Default ABS Pump Replacement

Hi!

I wonder if you can help me with my question.

Last year my XC70 2005 starte to display the ABS/Anti-Skid service required message.
    I had BCM-0070 and BCM-0072 errors, so I sent the BCM module to XeMODex and once I got it back and re-installed it the warning message disappeared.

After three/four weeks the ABS light on the dashboard as well as the "ABS/Anti-Skid service required" message came back.

I ran VIDA and the only error I get now is BCM-0070, therefore I presume the motor is the culprit.

If I find a new ABS Pump and put it on, will I have to reset it in order to get it to work? Or you can simply buy a used pump, put it on and it will work?
    If I have to reset it, is it something you can do through VIDA?

Any advice you can provide if very much appreciated.

Thank you!
    My XC 70

I had the same issue with the motor. I just replaced the motor itself from a salvage car. I have not had any issues since I replaced it a year and a half ago.
    2005 XC70 Ruby Red
    2007 V70R GT 477/Nordkap

Quote Originally Posted by youropeen View Post
    I had the same issue with the motor. I just replaced the motor itself from a salvage car. I have not had any issues since I replaced it a year and a half ago.
    Thank you for confirming this to me.

I hope to find a good one, not easy because the scrapyard will not know if it is working either.

Alex
    My XC 70

Does anyone know if you have to replace the pump with the exact same number, of if any pump from another xc70/90 might work?
    Asking because my P30643979 is quite pricy on ebay compared to others

Quote Originally Posted by Hybert View Post
    Does anyone know if you have to replace the pump with the exact same number, of if any pump from another xc70/90 might work?
    Asking because my P30643979 is quite pricy on ebay compared to others
    I would not take any risks and try to find the same.

As far as I am concerned, I will first try to clean it and see what happens.
    The second option is XeModex because, as you noticed, the pumps you find on Ebay are pricey, so better to spend a bit more and get it fixed properly.
    Besides, you never know what you buy, those pumps sooner or later will fail, so it may work for a while and then you are back to square one.

Alex
    My XC 70

I did the same as Youropeen about 2 years ago (bought a used pump motor and swapped it out) and all has been good so far. Here is a great guide: https://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/ab...-2009-s60.html

2005 XC70 - 50/35 Tint, Yakima Rack

Earlier today I did a cleaning of my pump motor. Took it out of the car, tested the connectors cleaned them out and the mating surfaces. After a few drives this afternoon the ABS light or the warning messages in the display has still not showed up. I have not cleared any codes in Vida yet, but I guess the are in memory but not as active. Hope this quick clean up last more than just a few days/weeks.

I am looking for the location of this pump. Mine is front rt. & I need to look into it. I went through lots of water in the streets & the ABS light went out for the day so I think its a connection.