Default DIM/instrument cluster part numbers

Hi,

Does anyone know if a 69294-570T will fit in a car with 69294-620T cluster?

Have you tried the parts compatibility feature on sites like FCPEuro and eEuroparts? Even if the hardware is identical, the suffix may indicate a
    firmware difference?

Another option is to send your 69294-620T to a cluster/DIM repair shop who will guarantee replacement compatibility....they make sure you get the right firmware in your repaired/replaced DIM.

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoXC70NO View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know if a 69294-570T will fit in a car with 69294-620T cluster?
    My understanding is that all 4 of the numbers on the stickers must match to guarantee that the replacement will work. Those 4 include the firmware part numbers as well as the number for physical part as well as its number for "spare" part, at least as it is labelled.

The suggestion to use a repair shop or Xemodex is a good one although I had good luck with a junkyard replacement (with all 4 numbers matching) on my '02. The thing lasted me for over 200K kms and as far as I know still good to the folks that bought the car at just shy of 400K. Dumb luck perhaps?

Cheers,

Bill

Good Luck,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Hi,

Thanks for all the tips. I guess I'll try to search for one where all numbers match. The thing is that the panel in the car now has already been repaired and refitted (I see that blue "glue" around the chips, and also a bit of a spill of that glue). so I guess then maybe it is not possible to fix it once more..

Perhaps a Volvo workshop can fix firmware upgrades? It would still be like 100£ instead of 1000£ for a new one. Then I guess a new from Xemodex would be a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by billr99 View Post
    My understanding is that all 4 of the numbers on the stickers must match to guarantee that the replacement will work. Those 4 include the firmware part numbers as well as the number for physical part as well as its number for "spare" part, at least as it is labelled.

The suggestion to use a repair shop or Xemodex is a good one although I had good luck with a junkyard replacement (with all 4 numbers matching) on my '02. The thing lasted me for over 200K kms and as far as I know still good to the folks that bought the car at just shy of 400K. Dumb luck perhaps?

Cheers,

Bill

Good Luck,

Bill