Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Sea foam hydra trans tune?

Anyone ever use Sea Foam hydra trans tune?
    My tranny cooler flooded my transmission. I’ve replaced radiator and flushed and drained my coolant, but still have moisture. The sea foam is supposed to control moisture.

https://seafoamsales.com/hydra-trans-tune/

How did you flush the fluid? Gibbons method, or just drain and fill? The transtune does work on varnish to a degree.

What was the first symptom of this problem? How did you determine that coolant was leaked into the tranny fluid?

Quote Originally Posted by stills View Post
    Sea Foam hydra trans tune?
    An excerpt copied from your link -

"Do not use Hydra Trans Tune with silicon fluids or Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) systems. Always refer to engine manufacturer specifications.
    Hydra Trans Tune contains only petroleum ingredients and intended for conventional automatic transmission systems that use petroleum oil or mineral-based fluids."

IMHO - I wouldn't put that wallet lightening stuff in my lawn mower.

I did the gibbons method.
    I bought the car knowing it had an issue. Basically I drove it home and changed the radiator. It shifted fine at first. I drove yesterday and it doesn’t want to shift into overdrive. My fluids still pink. I’m going to flush it more today. Guess I’ll put the sea foam on the shelf.

My in dash shift indicator stopped working. Worked most of the ride home. The manual shift doesn’t seem to work either. I don’t know if it did preveiously.

After more flushing and using the sea foam, it still won’t shift through the gears. Driving 55 I turn about 2800rpms. I’m new to Volvo am I missing something simple?

My in dash shift indicator stopped working. Worked most of the ride home. The manual shift doesn’t seem to work either. I don’t know if it did preveiously.
    Your trans may have gone into "Limp mode", a shutdown or "limited driveability" mode the trans computer (TCM) puts the car into when it detects some error in the transmission's performance. A sure sign your car is in limp mode is instead of "D" on the display, you'll see "-.-". Also, the geartronic manual shifting won't be operational. You'll also see a warning message like TRANSMISSION SERVICE REQUIRED. If you turn off the car, wait a few moments and then restart, the D will return along with your gear shifts. However, what ever condition which put your car in Limp Mode will likely return and you may find the car back in "-.-".

Not sure if this is your situation.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

I guess it went into and won’t come out of limp home mode.

I’m new to Volvo am I missing something simple?
    Yes, you have a bad transmission, sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast