Default 2015 XC Battery replacement

2015.5 xc70 T6

14k miles

No issues at all. Came home, parked car. Came back 2 hours later, car is Bricked. (NO NOTHING) put meter on battery, 5 volts. Trickles charged over night, in morning 12.95. Car starts end of story

My local guy replaces battery, - 290 bucks. Tell me the computer will shut down if voltage is below a threshold. Says this is comon for this year car - best i can hope for is 2.5 years.

Will only take volvo battery, (made in Germany)
    is this possible

No warranty on the car?

Don't know why the car would only take a Volvo battery. It should be able use any battery that meets the specs for the car.

In my part of the country Interstate provides batteries to the Volvo Dealer. They put Volvo stickers on blank Interstate batteries, and Interstate stickers when they sell them to me. For a 2010 and up you need to put in a mtp-92/t7 battery from interstate. ( or a 30772236 from Volvo) If you don't you may get a low voltage message. The interstate mtp-92/t7 battery is made in Germany.

If you put a size 48 battery in (same dimensions and fits many earlier cars), you may get a low voltage message.

When you replace the battery on some newer Volvos you also need to tell the car (with vida) that you have installed a new battery or you can get a low voltage warning. BMW has required that since about 2005, and other manufacturers also.
    Last edited by hoonk; 12-24-2017 at 11:21 AM.