Default TPMS sensor activation/reader query re: Autel tools

Hi,

I am back in Volvo XC70 land (2007, 92K miles) post unloading my VW 2009 TDI defeat device Jettasportwagen.

I just purchased a new set of Hakka snows (tiresbyweb) and a set of used/refurbished Xenia rims for them, with new TPMS sensors (autorimshop.com).

The TPMS light stays on, even after driving for 15-20 min for reset, and all of the tires (including 5th snow/wheel (spare) also fitted with TPMS sensor on matching rim), have full pressure.

Have any of you had experience with the Autel TS601 MaxiTPMS TPMS Professional Tool with OBD ll or am I compelled to go to the dealer to get this sorted out?

Many thanks,

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jrevkin View Post
    new TPMS sensors (autorimshop.com).

The TPMS light stays on, after driving for 15-20 min
    including 5th snow/wheel

Am I compelled to go to the dealer to get this sorted out?
    Are you certain you purchased the correct sensors? Volvo uses 2 different frequencies.

The pressure warning light should go off after a few minutes if everything is correct with the factory sensors. Not sure what your aftermarket sensors need to be activated. Does "autorimshop.com" offer any sort of help in getting their aftermarket products to actually work?

Not sure what happens when you put a 5th sensor in range - the system may only look for 4 signals since the car only had 4 when new. Have you tried leaving the spare at home and driving the car for a few minutes?

A tire store (or shop) with a TMPS tool can read the signals/frequency of each sensor - not sure if the dealer would have a TPMS tool. (VIDA can't talk to individual TPMS sensors)

IPD sells aftermarket sensors, ask them and/or go to the product on their site.
    They should also post directions
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)