Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DannyStringhamMarquis View Post
    I was just looking at trying to find a VIDA/DiCE setup a couple days ago and can't seem to make sense of the marketplace of available products. I did at one point find the volvo page where one can spend many thousands of dollars to purchase the diagnostic software directly from volvo, but it sounds from the forum like there is a cheaper way to interact with the car computer. Any links or specific info would be much appreciated related to trying to get VIDA/DiCE for this Junior Member
    Take a look over on SwedeSpeed where they have a whole forum, more or less, on the subject. http://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdi...ine-Management

Good Luck,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Here's the link that is exactly what I was looking for.
    Someone has taken the difficult to navigate world of gettign VIDA working on a machine and made it a service he will provide for a small fee. Capitalism at it's finest.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...-in-15-minutes

Lots of positive reviews and at least one instructional video. 40 bucks for the program download PLUS TECH SUPPORT!! 75-80 bucks for the DiCE cable from many outlets on eBay. Much, much better than the $5000+ Volvo price and you are in business.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyStringhamMarquis View Post
    Here's the link that is exactly what I was looking for.
    Someone has taken the difficult to navigate world of gettign VIDA working on a machine and made it a service he will provide for a small fee. Capitalism at it's finest.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...-in-15-minutes

Lots of positive reviews and at least one instructional video. 40 bucks for the program download PLUS TECH SUPPORT!! 75-80 bucks for the DiCE cable from many outlets on eBay. Much, much better than the $5000+ Volvo price and you are in business.
    And it will be the best money you will ever spend on a Volvo. I bought mine when they were going for something like $150 and I've made that back many times over by being able to have VIDA/DiCE support my mechanical efforts rather than throwing money at indies or our one relatively local dealer (about 2 hrs away).

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Back to your CCM buttons.
    That's all they are... switches. Unless there is something behind them to plug into, they'll just be dead buttons instead of an actual blank/cover
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    here's a picture of the front the of CCM - you can fill the row full of switches, but I can't tell you if they will work. I bet if you match CCM part numbers with your old one - as long as the old was programmed to accept the buttons you are putting in, they should work
    Attachment 8413
    Ok hoonk, I've just received my ebay replacement CCM, and I'm working that front panel to remove and replace lower option switches. Did you use a trim tool or was there a trick to getting that lower cover off? It's being stubborn and I don't want to break it.
    Last edited by DannyStringhamMarquis; 12-19-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12