Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

List is correct unfortunately just at high retail!
    He forgot one thing a throttle gasket.
    Now is the time to clean your throttle body. When everything is apart it's right there, staring at you so take it off AND CLEAN IT (carefully).
    Add a new set of spark plugs now and you won't believe how much better and smoother the XC will run and how much more throttle response you will have after cleaning.
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Whelp... there goes my hopes to get this done for less than $200.

Anybody have good luck with the iPD breather hose instead of the OEM?

Car was running real smooth in the desert this summer, was getting 24+mpg on a road trip through Utah. Definitely notice the symptoms more during cold weather so I'm trying to take care of this soon.

Parts will cost you more than $200 even at wholesale, then it's 4-5 hours in labor!
    It's a $500 to $800 job when done at a shop. It's a BIG job!
    It's a big, but very important job and MUST be done at around 100K (+or-) miles to 95% of these engines
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    List is correct unfortunately just at high retail!
    He forgot one thing a throttle gasket.
    Now is the time to clean your throttle body. When everything is apart it's right there, staring at you so take it off AND CLEAN IT (carefully).
    Add a new set of spark plugs now and you won't believe how much better and smoother the XC will run and how much more throttle response you will have after cleaning.
    My plugs were relatively new, but I did clean the throttle body. You are right, the results were amazing.

I just got my PVC system serviced myself: Many people may not agree with what I say: Every things can be clean and reused, except the tiny plastic hose attack to the banjo bolt, it brittle and easy to break I replace it with a small rubber hose of same size, clean the banjo bolt hole and the nipples used the wire; I clean all the hose, just let them soak in some cleaning solution, then use air hose to blow the gunky out, for the breather box use a metal blade clean out all the openings (nipples), pour some gasoline inside shake it up and dump the sludge out, repeat couple time, the box is just hollow inside, I even repair all the ring clamps and reused them, didn't cost me a penny to have this service done.

Quote Originally Posted by sjonnie View Post
    Your mechanic must have an overdue boat payment.
    Not any more

Thang, I did the same except for the clamp part.

DYZ
    2005 Volvo XC70, Ash Gold, 210K miles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12