Default Luke warm heat, and a sloshy/gurgly sound?

Hey all!

First post here, and my first Volvo since I was about 17 (Bought a $750 1986 240DL Wagon 5-speed manual ). Anywho, just picked up a 2007 XC70 a couple days ago and I'm loving it so far. One minor issue that I need to knockout soon before the winter hits, is this luke-warm heat I've got going on. I've scoured the forums a bit already, but I'm still not super sure where to start and before I delve in to the resources section and start trying to DIY some stuff, I'd love to get ya'lls opinion.

So, the issue: Heat blows just luke warm even after the car has been driving more than enough to reach temp. The temp gauge is basically strait up, but is reading just a hair below 12 o'clock. I've also noticed a slight "sloshing/gurgling" noise sometimes, usually in/after a corner. It seems to be originating from behind the steering wheel side of the dash. What do you guys think might be the culprit here?

Thanks in advance for any comments/help/suggestions!

-Dabrybry

Edit: I forgot to mention the car is not throwing any codes right now. So perhaps that rules out thermostat and ECT sensor?
    Last edited by dabrybry; 11-15-2017 at 07:58 PM.

You may have issues with your heater core. Do some research using the Search feature:
    http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/search...archid=2565503
    http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...ht=heater+core
    Last edited by Xfingers; 11-17-2017 at 06:35 AM.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Based on the location of the sloshy sound, I'm thinking a rain drain might be clogged. There is one under each windshield wiper. There is another drain from the sun/moonroof. And there is a condensation drain from the AC core in the env. control unit.

Awesome, thanks guys. Been watching lots of videos/reading stuff here about heater core issues. I might try and give it a flush. Probably do all the coolant at that point as well.