Default Factory iPod adapter

I just installed a factory iPod adapter that I got for pennies at a pick and pull. I installed it this passed weekend with plans to keep my old iPod touch in the car permanently but I don't think I got the install exactly correct. I've never used one before so I was hoping someone could shed some light on it's functions.

I wired it to switched power and every time I shut the car off the music goes back to the first song. Is that what it's supposed to do? I was thinking that maybe I should have connected it to constant power and then it would continue with the song that was last being played.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    2005 XC70 Ruby Red
    2007 V70R GT 477/Nordkap

It sounds like you solved your problem at least conceptually. The trick is finding unswitched 12V power somewhere in the vicinity of the CD compartment (which is where the factory MP3 AUX plug-in is mounted). Would you consider running a small (22 AWG) wire to the car battery?
    (The rear-seat cigarette lighter is right there in the CD bin, but unfortunately it switches off as an accessory).

Volvo has installation instructions for the ipod adapter on their accessories website - but I can't get them to display

http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...20(-07)%202007

I did find the installation instructions and it specifies to install the power wire to position 8 in the harness that connects to the fuse panel in the back. I still have to check if it is constant power or switched.

I should have looked for the instructions before hand.

I also had a suggestion that it may be that the battery in my iPod touch may be running out of juice in between trips.

I'll update the post with my findings though I don't think many people will be installing one of these antiquated things. lol
    2005 XC70 Ruby Red
    2007 V70R GT 477/Nordkap

Can you go back to the P&P and examine how it was wired on the donor car? I've done jy trips for research before... D