Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So, I used the hole for the sensor as an inspection port (like a moron, the thought had never occurred to me), and saw an extremely rusty reluctor ring, that appears to no longer be where it's supposed to:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170928_190812.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	8356

Looks like it rusted, may have split, but moved outboard of where it's supposed to be. I've got a new ring, I'll post some pictures of the ring when I take it off.

Just to finish this off - I replaced the reluctor ring, and it still didn't work. Got Vida/DiCE working again and realized the sensor on that side wasn't reading. Got fed up, took it to the dealership. Told them the whole story, they replaced that sensor, and I'm good to go. I think the broken ring may have hit the sensor I replaced, or it was bad in the first place.

Any ABS fault will render cruise control inoperative: control cannot determin accurate road speed.

It might be mre helpful to say that over the last 15 years on the few occasions I've had the ABS play up it has always been reluctor rings, until this year when Drivers side sensor failed about $150 US but a very easy fix. Secnd Honk's remarks.
    Last edited by nickbw; 07-13-2019 at 05:37 AM.
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

I want to thank this board AGAIN. Every time I have an issue if i do enough searching or post the right question I ALWAYS get an answer to the question. I have never purchased a VIDA and I think that would have definitely saved me some time but you guys always have the right solution IF you read all the posts on the topics and look at ALL the facts and ask the right questions.

On long drives on the highway, 3-8hrs my ABS, Stability control and whatever the other light or message is would light up my dash. Cruise continued to work but it felt like it was pulsing. If I pulled in for gas and restarted the car, lights would go off. Clearly an ABS problem. After much searching on here it became clear it was either a speed sensor (unlikely) or the Reluctor rings.

I failed inspection on my brakes and rotors (knew it was coming just was trying to get the most out of them while I found some time to fix them). I took everything apart for the rotor change and looked at the tone rings behind the speed sensor slowly rotating the axle. They actually looked "ok" but as I rotated through, BINGO! cracked rings. I ordered new ones from FCP along with Rotors and pads and am taking everything apart so I can just bolt it all back together when the parts come in.

Thanks to everyone in all the related threads for the help.
    2017 Maserati Ghibli - Blu Emozione, Black Leather 17k miles
    2013 Subaru Outback - charcoal Grey, Eyesight Collision Avoidance 110k miles
    2007 XC70, Barents Blue, Charcoal Leather 200k miles
    2001 Honda Accord V6 SE - 82k miles - Steady reliable transport
    1978 Bitchin' Chevrolet Z28 Camaro - Fuel Injected 383ci SB Dyno'd at 452HP 462FT/LBs Torque
    My build thread: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276139

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12