Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Could somebody post a link to the Gibbons flush? I just had a transmission installed (with a Hayden oil cooler and a Magnaflow filter). I am looking to do everything I can to get more miles out of this transmission.
    2002 V70XC

I agree with the trans cooler, I also added a large external filter similar to what Astro14 did, omitting the thermostat. My 2005 does indeed downshift better after this install, and I think that the lower fluid temperature helps. I think that there may be another factor as well. That is, the cooler and filter add some resistance to the flow, and I believe this raises the internal pressures slightly. If true, this may help with the sluggish linear solenoid action.

If you flush the fluid, be certain to reset the fluid counter. You will need to use a VIDA/DICE setup, or have the dealer reset this counter. Some very sophisticated scan tools may be able as well. This is important, because the TCM will adjust for what it thinks it compromised fluid.
    PDX-Vancouver, USA

2005 XC70 140,000

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionboyj View Post
    Could somebody post a link to the Gibbons flush? I just had a transmission installed (with a Hayden oil cooler and a Magnaflow filter). I am looking to do everything I can to get more miles out of this transmission.
    http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...ally-effective

2005 XC70 - 50/35 Tint, Yakima Rack

Thanks!
    2002 V70XC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12