Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by vtl View Post
    Great opportunity to buy aftermarket 2DIN radio with everything in it (good sound, multiband equalizer, mp3, aac, wma, ogg, video, navigation, cd/dvd, sirius, pandora, bluetooth, etc).
    I've thought about doing this from time to time but as I usually just listen to the radio while driving, I never bothered. But now that you've mentioned it, any particular recommendations on brand/model?

Quote Originally Posted by GearheadTool View Post
    Stop being a smart-ass to these people, bro-bro.

Stop being rude.
    I thought his response was perfectly reasonable and helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by goldxc70 View Post
    I've thought about doing this from time to time but as I usually just listen to the radio while driving, I never bothered. But now that you've mentioned it, any particular recommendations on brand/model?
    I've only tried mid-priced Kenwood. The model is DDX-371BT, it's deprecated now. Sound is fine, far better than HU-650 it replaced.

I didn't buy adapter for steering wheel controls, instead I made my own, with LCD: https://github.com/vtl/volvo-ddd It also displays some data from engine, transmission, Haldex...

If I would replace stereo right now I'd probably get Blue Power: https://www.bluepower.se/sv/produkte...6-version.html Or higher-end Kenwood/Alpine/etc with built-in navigation.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60

Quote Originally Posted by goldxc70 View Post
    I thought his response was perfectly reasonable and helpful!
    This "person" is a complete a-hole who has been thrown off (banned) SS for being what I said he is. He, single handedly destroyed 3 P80 V70 XC's because he wanted to do things "his way" and did not listen to anyone who tried to help him!

He should not be allowed to post here, he knows nothing and annoys everyone. I also believe he also destroyed his latest XC or he would be talking about it in that forum.
    He buys junk and instead of fixing them the proper way, he breaks them to the point it's not worth fixing, usually this takes him about two months, per car!
    Last edited by JRL; 08-24-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

As I said it's probably much cheaper to find a used radio but these guys fix ANY radio but they're not cheap!
    http://hrautoradio.com/
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Quote Originally Posted by vtl View Post
    I've only tried mid-priced Kenwood. The model is DDX-371BT, it's deprecated now. Sound is fine, far better than HU-650 it replaced.

I didn't buy adapter for steering wheel controls, instead I made my own, with LCD: https://github.com/vtl/volvo-ddd It also displays some data from engine, transmission, Haldex...
    If I would replace stereo right now I'd probably get Blue Power: https://www.bluepower.se/sv/produkte...6-version.html Or higher-end Kenwood/Alpine/etc with built-in navigation.
    Impressive project! And I really like that Blue Power recommendation. Do you know if they have any dealers in North America? I sent them a message but so far have not heard back.
    Last edited by goldxc70; 08-26-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    This "person" is a complete a-hole who has been thrown off (banned) SS for being what I said he is. He, single handedly destroyed 3 P80 V70 XC's because he wanted to do things "his way" and did not listen to anyone who tried to help him!

He should not be allowed to post here, he knows nothing and annoys everyone. I also believe he also destroyed his latest XC or he would be talking about it in that forum.
    He buys junk and instead of fixing them the proper way, he breaks them to the point it's not worth fixing, usually this takes him about two months, per car!
    I saw that he had only a handful of posts here anyway so that told me something - over and above the content of his message!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12