Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yah, there's not. I like to put the phone in horizontally so it doesn't get in the way so much. Sometimes I need to have it vertical though because the screen isn't visible if I'm wearing polarized sunglasses and it is horizontal.

If it's on the right of the speaker grill it is too far away to conveniently reach.
    Toby
    2008 S80 T6 AWD Black Stone / Anthracite Black 85k miles
    2008 XC90 V8 Ember Black / Offblack 100k miles
    SOLD: 2005 XC70 Lava Sand / Taupe 176k miles
    Sammamish, Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II View Post
    Yah, there's not. I like to put the phone in horizontally so it doesn't get in the way so much. Sometimes I need to have it vertical though because the screen isn't visible if I'm wearing polarized sunglasses and it is horizontal.

If it's on the right of the speaker grill it is too far away to conveniently reach.
    How about heating up in the sun? I sometimes get worried about how hot phones can get.

Luckily (?) I don't have to worry about that too much in the Pacific Northwest.
    Toby
    2008 S80 T6 AWD Black Stone / Anthracite Black 85k miles
    2008 XC90 V8 Ember Black / Offblack 100k miles
    SOLD: 2005 XC70 Lava Sand / Taupe 176k miles
    Sammamish, Washington

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My wife and I both have this - I have the XC70 and she has the C70.
    Granted I have an aftermarket radio in my car that covered the cubby hole next to the radio and thats where I put mine.
    But lots of placement options with this and it works very well for my S7 and her iPhone7

I use a suction cup mounted one. It was literally the cheapest one at Wal-Mart, that I picked up in desperate need last minute before a road trip. It replaced a vent mounted one that had just broke that morning. The broken one I was replacing was $20, and the cheap one cost $9.50 (pre tax). I love the one I bought in a pinch, it is the best phone mount 've ever had.

I mount it on the window below the rear view mirror. The position is convenient and doesn't obscure my view. A caveat; I am tall and may be able to see over the phone in a was a shorter person may not. But in general this arrangement works really well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AutosDirectFlorida View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My wife and I both have this - I have the XC70 and she has the C70.
    Granted I have an aftermarket radio in my car that covered the cubby hole next to the radio and thats where I put mine.
    But lots of placement options with this and it works very well for my S7 and her iPhone7
    Would it fit on top of the dash in front of the speaker or such? As Leto A says his holder's footprint is too big and he places it higher up on the dash above the steer wheel, as in his photo.
    Last edited by rhauptschein; 08-23-2017 at 03:46 PM.
    09 Toyota Prius, Sprectra Blue
    01 Volvo V70XC, Ice Blue, 7-seater, built 4-01
    85 Ford Country Squire, Beige Woody, V8, ~79K mi [RIP]
    70 Chevy Malibu, Forest Green, V8 (ret)

Quote Originally Posted by rhauptschein View Post
    Would it fit on top of the dash in front of the speaker or such? As Leto A says his holder's footprint is too big and he places it higher up on the dash above the steer wheel, as in his photo.

I dont believe it will angle properly from that mounting point for you to be able to see the screen sufficiently.
    It really needs to be mounted facing towards you.

One of these various spots could work - remember, my cubby/pocket is not there anymore due to the aftermarket radio installation kit so mine is right in the middle of that spot which is prefect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003-volvo-s60-4-door-sedan-2-4l-turbo-dashboard_100261455_m.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	8336

For those you use the magnetic holder kinds, does that magnetic sticker on your phone now interfere with wireless charging or not?
    (what type phone model)
    09 Toyota Prius, Sprectra Blue
    01 Volvo V70XC, Ice Blue, 7-seater, built 4-01
    85 Ford Country Squire, Beige Woody, V8, ~79K mi [RIP]
    70 Chevy Malibu, Forest Green, V8 (ret)

Quote Originally Posted by rhauptschein View Post
    For those you use the magnetic holder kinds, does that magnetic sticker on your phone now interfere with wireless charging or not?
    (what type phone model)
    Old Samsung 4S. Magnetic interferes with turning off the screen feature. I believe there is a magnetic sensor in the phone to detect if an external case cover is closed and shuts off the screen. I had to place the metal plate lower on the phone to avoid this interference.

Don't use wireless charging so unfamiliar with any potential interference but googling this topic shows people do encounter wireless charging problems.
    Past Volvos : 01 V70 T5, 01/02 V70XC, 02 V70 NA, 00 V70XC
    Current EV/Hybrid : 13 Tesla S85, 11 Gen3 Prius
    Friends cars under my care 17 Audi A4 Quattro DSG (B9) 05 Audi A4 Manual 6sp Quattro (B7) 04 e320 V6 Auto, 05 Accord 2.4, 08 Element 2.4, 08 Camry Hybrid
    Past Others : 01/03 VW MK4 Turbo/NA/01M. Gen1 Prius, Gen1 CRV, Gen2 Rav4, 02 Town&Country, 06 Corolla, 12 Audi A4 Quattro (B8), 07 Civic 1.6
    https://sites.google.com/view/howardsvolvos

http://www.brodit.com

They are the absolute kings of vehicle specific holders for all phones. I've used them in all my cars since 2000 & ordering now for my new XC70.

Highly recommended

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast