Default leather conditioner and Foggy Headlight lenses- Help

1. What's the best leather conditioner? I'm starting to see wear on the side bolsters.
    2. Best Headlight lens refinisher? Foggy lens.

I did my headlight lenses today, I had the bumper cover off to install a trans oil cooler, so it was a good time. My method, found on YouTube, uses Windex, 0000 steel wool and clear acrylic spray. It actually worked quite well, though the acrylic was tricky to spray in the right amount. This guy says to wipe them with acetone, I tried and didn't like the results, so I used the acrylic spray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ZRKPshPVM

I've had good results with Lexol products on my leather.

Lexol or Griots for leather conditioners.

Polishing headlights takes elbow grease and patience. Don't skip grits. Any of the kits work.

Get a UV blocker to coat them when you're done. When they were new, they were coated with a UV blocking finish. You'll be removing the haze by cutting down into the plastic (on a microscopic scale) so it's exposed and will haze quickly without protection.

I've used Meguiar's on our Corolla.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G178...F0H7008P56TA3R
    Last edited by Astro14; 08-16-2017 at 07:29 AM.
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

I used Mother's Mag & Aluminum Cleaner. Each headlight took maybe 5 minutes. The results were fantastic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UE7mz_vj8&t=1s

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170826_105652Small.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	8337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170826_111048Small.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	8338

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    2. Best Headlight lens refinisher? Foggy lens.
    Don't bother. Exactly *no* headlight "restoration" is worth the money. Replacement is the only way to go.

My XCs have glass lenses, but my truck has plastic lenses that where quite foggy, used my finishing buffer, lambs wool bonnet, rubbing compound, polishing compound, waxed them, one hours labour, done!, clear as the day it left the factory, yes some of the
    "headlamp refinishing" products don't really cut it, so I just got out the big guns, actually buffed the headlamp aiming lugs almost off!

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMick View Post
    My XCs have glass lenses, but my truck has plastic lenses that where quite foggy, used my finishing buffer, lambs wool bonnet, rubbing compound, polishing compound, waxed them, one hours labour, done!, clear as the day it left the factory, yes some of the
    "headlamp refinishing" products don't really cut it, so I just got out the big guns, actually buffed the headlamp aiming lugs almost off!
    Remember to coat the lenses. (from experience)

Best leather care is Volvo's one (part number 31375177). I tried many alternatives, of course, even more expensive than Volvo.

As for the headlights polishing, the most satisfying result was after using Sylvania headlights restoration kit, but it decayed in no matter of time, under two weeks. I tried it 2 or 3 times. Resorted to polishing with sandpaper and using Wipe New, which does not return look to near new (like Sylvania does), but stays in place way longer.
    2002 V70 (sold)
    2005 XC70 (Telos Road took it. Did a chassis swap)
    2016 XC60 (sold, P.O.S.)

Default follow-up to the question

Quote Originally Posted by vtl View Post
    Best leather care is Volvo's one (part number 31375177). I tried many alternatives, of course, even more expensive than Volvo.

As for the headlights polishing, the most satisfying result was after using Sylvania headlights restoration kit, but it decayed in no matter of time, under two weeks. I tried it 2 or 3 times. Resorted to polishing with sandpaper and using Wipe New, which does not return look to near new (like Sylvania does), but stays in place way longer.
    I had used the 3M headlight kit, got OK results, but was thinking of using the SEM spray (See LINK) after removing and resurfacing/polishing the lights. Was thinking of building a UV light box to do the cure (the SEM spray requires a UV cure). I agree with the Reverend that replacement is best; I think that one can avoid the need for replacement by avoiding automatic car washes, at least the ones that use aggressive chemicals and/or the whirling brushes, but I have only empirical evidence (both ways) and guesses/suspicions.

As for leather. There are many, many cleaners and protectants available. I use Lexol (separate cleaner and protectant solutions) and Protectant 303; except sometimes as an alternative to the Lexol cleaner/protectant, I use saddle soap (comes in cans, follow label directions). Saddle soap works best but is fussy/specific to use. You get a buildup of grime over time using the combination cleaner/protectant solutions, some worse than others, but generally reversible with one round of saddle soaping, or several rounds of saddle soaping a week or so apart. The Lexol and 303 conditioners do each help keep the leather supple although they work differently. The Lexol will darken some leather slightly, enough for me to notice but it actually never bothered me. Lexol can't be used on vinyl (the PVC artificial leather) but the 303 can. Neither is suitable for suede. I use the saddle soap when I notice the natural creases in the leather becoming somewhat dark, which means they are holding dirt. The issue there is that generally dirt is abrasive and holds excess moisture/chemicals. If you don't get it out, that dirt/fine grit will eventually (may take years) cut thru the crease and make a crack or split.

Fun & games..