Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    Sell it with a full tank of gas. And an As-Is transfer of Title/Written Receipt.
    Thats not helpful. The problem has been discussed before.

http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...rflow-or-block
    14xc60 3.0T
    03xc70 (Killed 12/16)
    1998 v70 (retired)

It really can be Helpful ...... It all depends on what set of shoes you are standing in - to be quite honest.
    2001 X/C 70 - Youngest son's car for someone that is 6'10" tall - and it fits him like a glove.

Quote Originally Posted by v70+xc70 View Post
    Thats not helpful. The problem has been discussed before.

http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...rflow-or-block
    I've been working on this problem for a while, and, as far as I can tell, there are multiple possibilities. In this case, the mechanic claims that he has pressure-checked all the vent lines and that that doesn't appear to be the problem. He thinks it's a restriction at the bottom of the fill neck -- namely, the rollover valve.

From what I just googled, it's a plastic ball that also prevents siphoning gas from the tank. I can't quite figure out what would cause it to malfunction unless it became deformed.
    Last edited by Silvestris66; 07-15-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvestris66 View Post
    the rollover valve, it's a plastic ball that also prevents siphoning gas from the tank.
    I have worked on Volvos since 1980 and have never had to replace a roll over valve.

The "can't fill up car, gas nozzle keeps shutting off" problem has been caused in the past by one of my techs blocking off a vent line under the car to do a smoke test - then forgetting to remove the blockage. Car comes back and after removal of the "test plug" is able to be refilled normally.

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    I have worked on Volvos since 1980 and have never had to replace a roll over valve.

The "can't fill up car, gas nozzle keeps shutting off" problem has been caused in the past by one of my techs blocking off a vent line under the car to do a smoke test - then forgetting to remove the blockage. Car comes back and after removal of the "test plug" is able to be refilled normally.
    Well, then I guess I'll have to take it to another mechanic. This guy says that he has had one Volvo before that had a problem with this anti-siphon/rollover ball in the fuel inlet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12