Post Crank No Start and/or Immobilizer issue

Hello all. This is my first post about my 00" XC which I've had about a year.

The car was running a little rough and had a lot of movement when shifting the car into to different gears, other than that there have been no major issues with the car since I 've had it. I had a someone scan for codes (no major codes were set) and change the spark plugs and motor mount above the engine. When I tried to start the car after the work was finished, the 'Immobilizer-See Manual, message popped up. I googled and tried several of the proposed solutions, (locking/unlocking the door, pressing the odometer button, etc.)

The car still would not start, however the immobilizer message did not pop up anymore after trying the solutions

Also of note, I have to keys but ever since I have had the car one would work and one didn't, (the non working key will not crank or start the car) Oddly, after I tried the fixes I found online the car now cranks when it is turned to the start position.

Gas could be smelled when I tried too crank it.

What I would like to know is:
    1) Would the immobilizer message be shown every time I try to start the car or just the first time until fixed?
    2)Is the non working key now cranking the car because the immobilizer was activated or was the immobilizer activated because the non working key was used?
    3) Would changing the spark plugs cause the immobilizer to activate?
    4) Would other things can I check to fix this?

What "Immobilizer message?" 00 XC's don't have computer screens.... just the dash..

Quote Originally Posted by rltravis View Post

...when shifting the car into to different gears...
    ...Also of note, I have to keys ...
    ...Gas could be smelled when I tried too crank it...
    You need to work on this, please read... http://www.totootwo.com

(I can't help you with your immobilizer. It could be as simple as installing a new antenna ring, cheap and easy to do).
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Quote Originally Posted by rltravis View Post
    Hello all. This is my first post about my 00" XC which I've had about a year.

The car was running a little rough and had a lot of movement when shifting the car into to different gears, other than that there have been no major issues with the car since I 've had it. I had a someone scan for codes (no major codes were set) and change the spark plugs and motor mount above the engine. When I tried to start the car after the work was finished, the 'Immobilizer-See Manual, message popped up. I googled and tried several of the proposed solutions, (locking/unlocking the door, pressing the odometer button, etc.)

The car still would not start, however the immobilizer message did not pop up anymore after trying the solutions

Also of note, I have to keys but ever since I have had the car one would work and one didn't, (the non working key will not crank or start the car) Oddly, after I tried the fixes I found online the car now cranks when it is turned to the start position.

Gas could be smelled when I tried too crank it.

What I would like to know is:
    1) Would the immobilizer message be shown every time I try to start the car or just the first time until fixed?
    2)Is the non working key now cranking the car because the immobilizer was activated or was the immobilizer activated because the non working key was used?
    3) Would changing the spark plugs cause the immobilizer to activate?
    4) Would other things can I check to fix this?
    Don't be discouraged with JRL's jerk post about how you choose to word your words. You are a jerk, yeah, but don't be one to other people.

Now, why would an antenna ring have to do with an Immobilizer?

And, OP, what "Immobilizer message" are you talking about?

Based on your reference to an immobilizer message popping up,
    I suspect that you have an XC that is newer than Model Year 2000.
    The cars in this sections MY range haven't got text based displays.
    You'll probably get better answers in the year appropriate forum section.

Also, check the passenger side lower motor mount for a possible
    solution to your "movement when shifting gears" issue. Good Luck!

'98 " Last of the Good Ones!" V70 R
    Upsolute ECU - E-Codes/SilverStars - ArcticGrade Oil Lines - HD SkidPlate - Spoiler - XC Grill -

Quote Originally Posted by BEJinFBK View Post
    Based on your reference to an immobilizer message popping up,
    I suspect that you have an XC that is newer than Model Year 2000.
    The cars in this sections MY range haven't got text based displays.
    You'll probably get better answers in the year appropriate forum section.

Also, check the passenger side lower motor mount for a possible
    solution to your "movement when shifting gears" issue. Good Luck!
    I think you're right!

Some 2000 Volvo V70XC's are P2 models just like the 2001-2007 XC70 models, I believe it was a half year thing to have an option to buy a new V70XC P80 model or P2 version. So OP could have a 2000 V70XC P2 model that has the digital screen on dash cluster.