Default White smoke dipstick and engine fill cap 😩

2006 volvo xc90 2.5t 130k miles. Purchased vehicle used, replaced engine and cabin air filters, installed new MAF sensor and cleaned the ETM to fix rough idle. Saw a post ab the glove test for pcv so decided to check mine out...The glove does not inflate but plenty of white smoke comes out of the oil fill cap and the dipstick when the engine is running. No check engine light, not burning oil, engine temp is fine, and passed inspection within the last 30 days. Is it definitely the pcv system ?! Thanks in advance.

When's the last time the oil was changed, and what brand/type of oil was used?
    '04 XC90 2.5T AWD 7-Passenger w/ Climate, Premium and Versatility packages and Xenon headlights.
    GROM Bluetooth audio adapter for the High Performance Audio system.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGeminiPA View Post
    When's the last time the oil was changed, and what brand/type of oil was used?
    Bought used very recently... Have yet to change oil, don't know previous brand/ weight etc. The sticker on the windshield just has a date for the next oil change , which is fast approaching. I plan on using Mobil 1 high mileage full synthetic 5w-30. What are your thoughts ? Also I noticed today when I started the vehicle a decent amount of white smoke comes out of the tailpipe while it warms up. After the rpms lower the smoke mainly disappears.

Sounds like it's burning oil. Change it ASAP. It wouldn't hurt to add a bottle of Lucas for synthetic oil. See if that helps. There may already be damage (rings etc.).

How's the oil level?

If you're not already signed up, head over to sweedspeed.com. It's a very active place with lots of more knowledgeable folks.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/forumdi...90-(2003-2014)
    '04 XC90 2.5T AWD 7-Passenger w/ Climate, Premium and Versatility packages and Xenon headlights.
    GROM Bluetooth audio adapter for the High Performance Audio system.

How does the grate look under the oil fill cap? Covered with black crud or nice and shiny? Use only full synthetic oil 5w-30 or 0w-40. I use Quaker State Ultimate durability, Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra, or Mobil1. Change at less than 5000 miles. Watch the oil level and add as appropriate if using oil.