Thread: 2006 v8 126k

Default 2006 v8 126k

Hi all,
    I'm just looking for some knowledge from others who know more than I. I'm looking to purchase a 2006 with the V8 and 126K miles. Looking this weekend actually. Any concerns I should have? Specific questions? Concerns about the transmission? I've never owned a Volvo. I have owned Audi, Volkswagon, Subaru, and Isuzu. Thanks in advance for any light you could throw on the subject.

Welcome!

The V8 model is pretty bulletproof. The T6 is the one to avoid - transmission problems. If possible, try to get maintenance records. If none are available, a CarFax report could show a good bit. The V8 has timing chains, not a belt, so it's not something to worry about replacing.

I had an '04 2.5 AWD, and it was a very good vehicle. I'm possibly picking up an '06 V8 within the next couple of weeks, so I'm back around here for now. During my time here a few years ago, the V8 was highly regarded, so I'm really hoping everything falls into place for the one I'm possibly getting.

Edited year of the one I should be getting.
    Last edited by RedGeminiPA; 04-30-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    '04 XC90 2.5T AWD 7-Passenger w/ Climate, Premium and Versatility packages and Xenon headlights.
    GROM Bluetooth audio adapter for the High Performance Audio system.