Default Register car in Denmark with US head lamps?

I am moving to Denmark and would love to bring my trusty 2007 XC70. The only problem I have run into are the lamps as there are differences between US SAE stand vs Euro ECE standards. Anybody know if the lights in the Volvo by any chance is approved for both markets. I think it will not be worth while changing the lights. Thanks!

US headlight standards are awful decades behind the EEC. Replace the headlights with proper E coded units and you'll be fine.
    14xc60 3.0T
    03xc70 (Killed 12/16)
    1998 v70 (retired)

yes, I read up on this today and looks like there is a really big difference in the especially the amount of lumen they produce but is it the light or just the bulbs that make the difference?

Euro lights have a cut off low beam that US lights do not have...completely different

Brighter but don't blind oncoming cars
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

I lived in Germany for five years (member of the US military.) I purchased my 2003 US spec XC70 through Volvo military sales while living there. Although my car was registered through the US military in Europe (as opposed to directly with the German State in which I lived) I had no issues and drove the car all over Europe without any issues. We were issued NATO registration plates. Thousands of US military members routinely ship their cars to Europe, but granted they are not registering those cars within the particular country they reside in - although when I moved to the U.K. From Germany I did have to re-register the XC70 as if I were a normal U.K. Citizen. I exchanged the NATO plates for U.K. Registration plates and the only way to distinguish my vehicle from a U.K. Vehicle was the fact that my vehicle is left-hand drive versus a U.K. Right-hand drive car. I can't speak to Denmark in particular, but I would assume you should not have any issues. I would contact the Danish Embassy or consulate and ask the question, if you haven't already done so, but I really do think the difference in the lights should not be an issue. Enjoy Europe!
    Cheers, Gary

2022 XC60 B5/Black
    2021 XC60 T5/ Osmium Gray (Wife's)
    2017 XC60 T6/ Bright Silver (Loaned to my Son)
    2015.5 XC70/Silver (Loaned to my Daughter)

2007 XC70/Rubyred (RIP)
    2003 XC70/Platinum Green (RIP)
    2001 V70/White (RIP)

Last summer we brought our 2007 XC70 back from the US to The Netherlands. Just a few weeks ago(!) I finally got it registered at the Dutch DMV. Before my appointment at DMV, I got the light beam and/or light pattern checked for at a local dealer. Better safe than sorry and poor USD210 down the drain for only registration. The light pattern did pass the headlight check with no problem. At the DMV, passed the test as advertised. As far as I know the Dutch DMV has a possibility to 'wave' for a different headlight pattern but I'm not familiar with the requirements for this non-objection. And I do not know whether there are major differences in DK vs. NL vs. EU-specs. But I think you're good.
    We brought our VW Golf as well, also no issues with the headlights while there is for sure a difference in specs between US and EU. I had to modify the VW Golf with a rear fog light to pass the test. XC70 is already equipped with rear fogs. So no mods on XC70 at all. Good luck...!