Default Our first Volvo a 2008 XC70

Hello everyone,

We are very exacted about our new car. We are located in South Florida Miami and found a beautiful one owner XC70 with only 66500 Miles.
    Looking for to share our experiences with you.
    I have one question. The previous owner installed after market wheels 20" that I would like to replace eventually with original Volvo or similar but correct size. As we are planing to move to Colorado in the next 12 months and will need proper tires . I looked and found 2 wheels size 16"or 17" witch one should I go for ?
    Thanks
    Pascal

There were quite a few styles of wheels used on this generation of xc70. Select the style you like best. Snow tires come in many sizes to suit. To get an idea, look at tire rack
    14xc60 3.0T
    03xc70 (Killed 12/16)
    1998 v70 (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal13 View Post
    Hello everyone,

We are very exacted about our new car. We are located in South Florida Miami and found a beautiful one owner XC70 with only 66500 Miles.
    I have one question. The previous owner installed after market wheels 20" that I would like to replace eventually with original Volvo or similar but correct size. As we are planing to move to Colorado in the next 12 months and will need proper tires . I looked and found 2 wheels size 16"or 17" witch one should I go for ?
    Thanks
    Pascal
    Go for the MERACS or LEDA...Dont go for less than 18"!
    XC70 D5 AWD Polestar

Default Wheels

Hello everyone,

Thanks
    Pascal
    I like the 16" wheels because they offer a softer ride. The larger wheels have narrower sidewalls which are good for handling, but not so good for ride comfort. Good used Volvo wheels will be less expensive than new wheels. AND you might even find someone is willing to swap you their smaller wheels for your 20 inch ones. They may even have the tires on them! Down there in south Florida I am sure there are a bunch of performance types who would like those big wheels! Wonder how much those 20" wheels have affected the odometer? Good luck.

Again, dont go for 20/21/22/16/17...aim for 18"...very very smooth ride, trust me!
    XC70 D5 AWD Polestar

Hello everyone,

Thanks
    Pascal
    Hello Pacal,

Our XC70 D5 SE LUX AWD named 'Flamenco Red' has had 17 inch standard wheels since we bought it new in 2010.

While it has traveled nearly 100,000 Miles with a lot of that towing a caravan around Europe, Scandinavia & Morocco, (Look at the Cross Country Drive Reports section in this forum) I have found the 17 inch wheels give me an excellent ride when both solo and hitched up to the caravan.

We have hauled over good surface roads, 'Piste' roads and River beds and the ride has been perfect with no problems whatsoever.

Enjoy your XC70 and I hope it meets all your expectations.

i had 16's on the 2006 xc70 I just sold & the new 2008 xc70 has the factory 18's with 235/50 tires - the newer chassis does very well on the 18's but I would much prefer it on 17's or maybe even 16's
    2008 XC70 Premium - Electric Silver/black interior