Thread: Pet Barrier

Default Pet Barrier

Hey all,

I am the proud/unlucky (yet to be decided) owner of a 2009 XC70. I have a 85 lb. lab that we take all over who loves to get muddy or sandy at the beach. He really made a mess of our last car an 850 wagon. In that car I put up a net to try and keep him in the cargo area but he quickly found a way to get around it. He actually broke the C pillar trim in the process. I want to try and preserve this car and make sure he stays in the way back. I like the OEM Volvo pet barrier with the bars and shocks to lift it up, but it doesn't seem to be listed in the Volvo acc. section of the Volvo web site. They list the longitude bars but not the barrier.

I'm looking for information on the following and any other advice:
    -Do the older XC70 barriers fit the 2008 plus? That would be slick because I can find a few of those for sale used.
    -Any advice on where to track a used one down? Availability seems sparse for 2008 and newer model years.
    -Even if I could find a new OEM one it is a little pricey for me. Are there comparable alternatives? I don't want anything that is a hassle to take in or out because we put the seats down a lot to move things.

Thanks!

https://www.myswedishparts.com/oem-p...g-gra-31498781

That's the one I have in my 2008. The >2007 barriers are different(have one of those too)

They are pricey but there is no other easy option for dual use.
    Last edited by gdr; 03-11-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Bummer. Thanks for the link.