Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Well, during the PCV job if you're cleaning/reaming out the two passages in the engine block from above (vs. dropping the oil pan), then you're likely gonna loosen up some carbon deposits/sludge/gunk which will fall into the oil pan and contaminate your oil. After finishing my PCV, I ran the engine, took a couple short trips, and made sure I wasn't losing any oil (I had to replace a cam seal too). Then I changed my oil.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Makes sense yea there was a lot of build up..in in the process of finishing up. The hose that goes to the thermostat is a tad short..prob the positioning of the banjo bolt

So it took 4 hours to remove and 4 to reinstall using the PCV kit..during removal process I hacked off those hoses by the banjo bolt (with a hand saw ha) since they were getting replaced so the bolt wasn't removed. Reinstalling a new banjo bolt I attached it prior while the manifold was loose sitting in place have all hoses attached to the breather box..only hose i attached after manifold was secured was the one going to the thermostat. Overall not terrible..all those tools recommended came in handy and also cleaned out the throttle with a new gasket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	8206

Name:	v1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	8207

Name:	v3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	8208
    Last edited by 02V70XC; 04-29-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Light a candle or do something to appease the car gods, this is a new procedure for me. I have done all of the timing belt service and water pump replacement, so hopefully this will be fairly uneventful.

If you can do the timing belt and water pump, you can do the PCV. Take lots of pictures as you take it apart, take your time, and think it through.

Just an update from my PCV change 4 months ago:

The car is about 2500 miles into it's oil change with zero noticeable consumption. So far, I'm impressed.

I use Mobil 1 0w40 with a Mahle filter.
    2002 S60 2.4T 173k

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789