Default How can I identify what optional extras are in my car?

I've bought a used 2013 XC70. I'm going to have a towbar fitted to tow a 1600 kg caravan. The handbook mentions who optional extras that are fitted to some cars that would be useful for towing a caravan: Trailer Stability Assist and Self-Levelling Suspension. How can I tell if these are fitted to my car? I'd heard about Self-Levelling Suspension before I bought the car so I asked the dealer. He checked it out and said the car does have it. But how do I know he's right?

Congratulations on your new purchase. I'd suggest you ask to see a dealer copy of the original sales contract or the vehicle's history - I believe all dealerships would have access to this data.

If you've bought it from a non franchised dealer - then contact a the nearest Volvo dealer and politely ask them to look up the vehicle's history..
    Many years ago I had one and IIRC the shockers have a shoulder / wider part at the top.
    That's the best I can offer I'm afraid.
    You could try over on the UK site -
    WWW.volvoforums.org.uk
    On reflection try to get in touch with XCovlov of these forums - his winter post is in the cross country section of this forum and his bio says he's in South Wales. He does a lot of towing and is very knowledgeable...
    Last edited by TrueBlue; 01-01-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

Default Self Leveling

Quote Originally Posted by KAR View Post
    I've bought a used 2013 XC70. I'm going to have a towbar fitted to tow a 1600 kg caravan. The handbook mentions who optional extras that are fitted to some cars that would be useful for towing a caravan: Trailer Stability Assist and Self-Levelling Suspension. How can I tell if these are fitted to my car? I'd heard about Self-Levelling Suspension before I bought the car so I asked the dealer. He checked it out and said the car does have it. But how do I know he's right?
    The XC70 does not normally come with the Nivomat self leveling shocks and I do not know if they even have them to fit the vehicle. But you can look at the rear shocks and if there is an accordion boot on the bottom part of the shock, then it is a Nivomat. The Nivomat shocks are about $400 each! The best way to stabilize the caravan is with a stabilizer hitch. They really make a big difference.