Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Success! Finally got time to swap the control module from the original driver's seat over to the replacement driver's seat. Working flawlessly. Seat continues to work and moves in all directions, never misses a beat now. Problem solved.

I'm in the same boat as OP after doing a seat transplant.

My seat heater died over the winter and, in the process, burned a hole in the side of the seat. I was in a scrapyard and saw a potential donor with the added bonus that the seats were in better condition than my old ones and also the passenger seat was power rather than the manual one I had before. The seats cost me CAD25 each. After swapping them in, the passenger seat worked fine right from the start. The driver seat would adjust in all directions, it also retained memory settings but would only allow adjustments for a short while and then no adjustments were possible. Here's what I've discovered so far:

1. after opening/closing driver's door, seats can be adjusted for up to 40 seconds without inserting the key.
    2. if the door is left open, the adjustment period is longer, about 10 minutes.
    3. when car is started, all adjustments should be possible at any time (this is what my "new" seat is not doing.
    4. The controls at the side of the seat are just switches and inputs to the control module and have no memory or settings function.

I kept the original seat and am going to swap over the underseat control module to see if all my original functionality returns.
    Last edited by goldxc70; 05-27-2018 at 05:57 PM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12