Default Can I swap my seats?

I have a 2010 XC70 SE with cloth seats. It's a great car but only 2WD. I need AWD. I'm interested in 2012 SE Lux Nav AWD. But all the 2012+ cars have leather seats and I hate leather. Maybe this is a daft idea, but could I swap the seats over ie end up with my 2010 cloth seats in my 2012 SE Lux and put the leather seats in my 2010 car? I'd then sell the 2010 car. Both cars have a powered driver seat so both would need to work after being swapped over. The 2012 SE Lux has heated seats, the 2010 SE does not - but are the heater elements in the 2010 seats already? Would these work or is additional programming required? Or is this a potty idea? All advice would be much appreciated.

I can't see why Volvo would make different seat rails so they should fit. I toured the Torslanda assembly plant and various models come down the same assembly line and the various configurations arrive at each assembly station to match the model and market. I can't comment on whether your 2010 seats are heated but you should be able to see a bare plug if they are. You might get lucky but I would not bank on it. I'd be more concerned with the door and dash trim matching the intended change and whether you're concerned about resale on the 2012? Ironically I ordered my 2008 XC70 directly from the factory and the only option I added was leather seats. IMHO fabric seats in a Volvo tend to make it look cheap but that's my subjective opinion.

Thanks for the detail. I'll take your advice and not swap the seats.

The heated seats are different than the non heated seats. FYI, if you unplug the seats from the harness you will have to go to a Volvo dealer for them to reset your air bag system. Suggest you buy some seat covers!

Yeah, I'd be more concerned with the door and dash trim matching the intended change and whether you're concerned about resale on the 2012? Ironically I ordered my 2008 XC70 directly from the factory and the only option I added was leather seats.