Question Glitchy iPod interface on 2010 XC70

I can connect my iPod Touch or iPhone to the USB port on my 2010 XC70 and they mostly work. However, there are some maddening glitches with either device:

1. When selecting a podcast from the menu it will often randomly play a different podcast. Or, when I select Podcast A to see the list of episodes it shows the episodes from Podcast B.

2. I'll play an album and decide to skip a track, only to find that it has only load a few of the albums tracks (so if I am on track 7 and want to skip to 8 it will skip back to 1).

3. Sometimes it sees the iPod as unreadable. The workaround seems to be to kill all apps besides Music and Podcasts and reconnect it.

Has anyone run into this sort of behavior, and have you found a fix? My dealer upgraded the car software but this didn't help matters any. I have an old classic iPod I can try to see if it works any better (maybe a compatibility issue with 2010 tech and new tech?) but that's really not a solution.

I'd consider replacing the stereo but it looks like the heating, etc. are pretty tightly integrated with that interface.

I can't use the iPod or iPhone directly to get past these issues due to a State law prohibiting handheld device usage.

Out of interest, do you have the "USB and iPod Music Interface" accessory installed or are you using the existing USB port in the centre compartment?

I'm using the USB connector in the center console.

Bump. I have a new iPhone and this continues to be an issue. Has anyone else run into this?