Default New Jersey to Colorado

Hi everyone...first post. I just purchased a really clean 2003 XC70 from a dealer in NJ and about to make the drive back home to Colorado. Stopping to spend a few days with my son in Philly and doing maintenance/repairs before heading out this weekend. Radiator fan was faulty when I arrived and the dealer ordered an OEM Volvo assembly while we were gone to lunch and replaced it while I watched...easy install. Alternator pulley started growling on the 105 mile drive down to Philly, I have a mechanic coming over tomorrow to replace it. Two new tires in the morning, alternator swap at noon, and a trans flush in the afternoon. Car is super clean and everything works...so far. Plan to go through the PCV system when I get home and then follow up with other due items thereafter. Car runs really good and feels strong, AC runs cold. So far its well worth the money....I hope I still think the same six months from now. Cheers....
    New Owner 2003 XC70
    144,500 miles at purchase in NJ...driving it back home to Colorado
    New Radiator Fan
    New Alternator
    Mobile 1 0W-40 Oil and Filter
    New Air Filter
    2 new tires
    Brakes all good
    Transmission shifts smooth
    Timing Belt replaced at 111K
    Needs:
    Struts and Shocks, PVC check, transmission flush, fuel filter, all the other things not listed but we all know are over due.

UPDATE....I never found a decent tire store in Philly so drove down the road to Harrisburg, PA and bought two new front tires. Check the alignment but the tie rod ends had too much play so will put that off for later here at home. Philly AutoZone rebuilt alternator only lasted 150 miles before draining the battery. Tow truck ride back to Pep Boys in Harrisburg, PA identified the alternator was only putting out 12.2V and the Volvo battery had a dead cell. Replaced the stock battery with a Bosch part (yea, I overpaid) but passed on the $600 alternator. Drove 530 miles until dark with no accessories and no electrical warning light (Amazingly the car got 34.82 mpg @60 mph on cruise control). Battery remained charged but warning lights came on again at dark. Stopped for the night in Angola, IN and found a AutoZone store the next morning to replace the defective alternator under warranty. Had the front and rear drive shaft differentials serviced and replaced the original fuel filter at a Jiffy Lube while waiting for the replacement alternator to arrive from the distribution hub. Part arrived at 2:00 pm and local mechanic swapped the parts out for $75. Hit the road again @ 4:15 pm and drove through the night arriving in Denver @ 8:30 am. Car ran perfect the remainder of the trip with no warning lights. 70 mph = 27 mpg...76 mph = 23 mpg. So far I'm very happy with the car's looks and performance. Maintenance repairs remain but now I have time to stage them over the next few months.
    New Owner 2003 XC70
    144,500 miles at purchase in NJ...driving it back home to Colorado
    New Radiator Fan
    New Alternator
    Mobile 1 0W-40 Oil and Filter
    New Air Filter
    2 new tires
    Brakes all good
    Transmission shifts smooth
    Timing Belt replaced at 111K
    Needs:
    Struts and Shocks, PVC check, transmission flush, fuel filter, all the other things not listed but we all know are over due.

Good luck and enjoy the ride
    01 XC red 183,000 Death by Cam seals.
    11 VW TDI wagon 126,000
    00 XC Silver- sold
    05 Saab 9-3 Arc Vert 5 speed 83,000
    98 Saab 900 se T- RIP 11/09
    86 Saab 900 T Ragtop- 5 speed