Default 2008 XC70 3.2 serpentine belt replacement.

Cant get belt off me 2008 XC70 with 3.2 . Has anyone done one? I feel stupid asking but there's not a lot of room in there and done want to remove anything i dont have too. Thanks. Jay

Default Almost There Too

Hi: I'm about to replace mine on my 2008 XC70 and possibly replace my water pump and power steering pump too. These diagrams should help. Once you remove the battery and its tray, you should be able to remove the serpentine belt without removing anything else. Please let us know if you run into any problems. Note that you have to lock the idler wheel with the pin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XC70-waterpump.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	7912

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XC70-waterpump-2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	7913

Quote Originally Posted by CVOLVO View Post
    Once you remove the battery and its tray, you should be able to remove the serpentine belt without removing anything else.
    Not that simple - as your pictures show you have to also remove the 4-6 bolts holding the steering pump, and manage to get that wierd water pump driving spring thing disconnected (and then reconnected in the right spot).

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    Not that simple - as your pictures show you have to also remove the 4-6 bolts holding the steering pump, and manage to get that wierd water pump driving spring thing disconnected (and then reconnected in the right spot).
    Hoonk: I stand corrected since I have yet to replace my serpentine belt. If I have to remove the power steering pump and water pump, I might as well go ahead and use my new parts. I'll also as you suggest check the condition of the various OADs. I now better understand why these parts are so expensive to replace and the damage they might do when they fail.
    Last edited by CVOLVO; 09-14-2016 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Better understanding of procedure