Default Drive Select Lurch

Hello,

My 2011 XC70 D5 AWD has developed a puzzling issue. Prior to visiting my dealer and incurring the usual expensive bill just wondering if anyone has experienced the issue and what the problem / fix may be.

When selecting "Drive" there is a lurch from the gearbox, causing the car to jerk forwards. When selecting "Reverse" the issue is similar but not so bad. The issue started out fairly intermittent but now it is there most of the time.

Prior to the fault, the gearbox electronics were reset by my dealer to factory settings when I purchased the car and the fault has developed since.

I have being towing a trailer recently and wonder if the gearbox is adjusting to not towing again however I am doubtful that this is the cause as once on the move, gear selection is smooth with no issues and fault only shows up when initially selecting Drive.

There are no warnings on dashboard.

Thanks in advance.

Harvey

I have not experienced this on my car but the first thing that popped into my head was worn engine/transmission mounts. If they are letting the engine/transmission move a lot before stopping the movement this could taken as a lurching movement.
    Watch the engine as you engage drive or reverse and see how much movement there is.

Thanks for the suggestion