Default New member strikes again

I need to change our cam seals and timing belt as well as the PCV refit. I've searched and I don't see any information on how I access the cam caps on the drivers side to use the cam locking tool. It looks like I have to remove the top motor mount and an associated cover to attach the lock. Is there anything else I need to know? Any help would be very appreciated.

On 2001 don't know if it dual VVT or not. If so, remove top cross member and upper motor mount. Should be a 15mm on one side and a 19mm on other for cross members.
    Once those are off, air intake from MAF to turbo, I personally remove the top wire harness to avoid pinching things. Forward cup should be t20? And rear cover is larger, maybe t30. Then the inner sensors are exposed. They are labeled so do t worry about mixing them up.
    Remove both of them.
    Also, the lower portion of the drivers side lifting point and bracket has to come out too. Doesn't take long, but go slow. The cam locks are easy to use once you remove enough parts.

If single VVT, the same stuff gets removed, but the non VVT side is only a plastic cap to be destroyed and only used once...

Hope that helps.

J

Oh yeah, and the PCV takes longer than a timing belt by a long shot... Maybe it's my fat fingers, but the whole PCV took me a long time...

It appears to be the the exhaust cam is the only that has variable valve timing. I'm very familiar with BMW VANOS systems have seen descriptions of how the Volvo systems work. I hope that helps, but if not, I'm sure thankful for your input.

I believe that the exhaust cam in the 2001 is the only one that is variable. I could be wrong. I'm more worried about the seals and the PCV stuff.

Have you seen this vid?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4uLvH151-c

As griffbm3 notes, the non-VVT cap gets destroyed so you'll want to order a new one and have it on hand to finish your work. You have to remove top motor mount and some other stuff to access the caps but these things need to be taken off to do the PCV job anyways.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Yes, I have that video bookmarked. On it they already had the stuff on the rear removed. Good information though. Thanks.