Default Seat memory button

Hello.
    My wife recently was vacuuming under the driver seat and must have disconnected something as the memory buttons 123 do not work anymore. Would anyone have some visuals and ideas as to what might have been disconnected so I can remedy the problem?
    Thank You
    Stephen

Let's see, if the seat switches work...
    Put the seat in it's highest and tilted back position, shine a flashlight under there, (while you're contortioning to get your head in front of the seat)
    Every plug should be plugged in. If one is not, plug whatever got dislodged back in. If nothing LOOKS out of place, push them all in until they all click firmly in place
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Agree with JRL. When I got my XC, all the power seat functions worked except raising seat height up and down. I reached under the driver's seat from behind and pushed in on all the wire connections going into the three(?) seat motors. Voila! Everything working.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

I sprayed electronic cleaner around the buttons with no luck. On the mirror on the passenger side it adjusts when memory one or two is pushed. Button number three did not work when I tried to give it a memory setting.
    I also checked all fuses. And they were all good. My wife must have not something under their when she was vacuuming but it is difficult to figure out what is going on.
    I also checked all the connectors and all tight. The front ones I was able to pull off and clean also with Electronic spray cleaner.

You should not have done that. As for the switch, it's probably just a bad switch
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Pretty easy to remove and look at the circuit board if you want to give it a try. I repaired a 00 V70XC's power seat module (I think pretty close if not identical to the P2s) due to failed solder joint + solder whiskers (google if unfamiliar with this). Reflowed it with a soldering iron and everything worked great. I think in my case it was an intermittent movement switch rather than memory button.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...eplacement.htm

This might be your issue on the passenger side. Driver side sounds like maybe wife knocked something loose if failure occurred right after vacuuming. Otherwise, may also be failed solder joints.

FYI, solder joints were a major problem in early 2000 cars while switching to lead free formula. They became brittle with age and vibration. I believe the Volvo DIM, ABS modules, power seat modules were common failure points. I've seen same type of failures in early 2k Toyota Rav4 ECUs.
    Past Volvos : 01 V70 T5, 01/02 V70XC, 02 V70 NA, 00 V70XC
    Current EV/Hybrid : 13 Tesla S85, 11 Gen3 Prius
    Friends cars under my care 17 Audi A4 Quattro DSG (B9) 05 Audi A4 Manual 6sp Quattro (B7) 04 e320 V6 Auto, 05 Accord 2.4, 08 Element 2.4, 08 Camry Hybrid
    Past Others : 01/03 VW MK4 Turbo/NA/01M. Gen1 Prius, Gen1 CRV, Gen2 Rav4, 02 Town&Country, 06 Corolla, 12 Audi A4 Quattro (B8), 07 Civic 1.6
    https://sites.google.com/view/howardsvolvos

Thanks Howardc64! Great instructions on removing the switches. I might try that this weekend and keep everyone posted.

Hello. Is on the side of the seat in the circuitboard seems to look okay. I'm thinking if it is not expensive I should look for one and replace it just to see because all the connectors are tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenxc View Post
    Hello. Is on the side of the seat in the circuitboard seems to look okay. I'm thinking if it is not expensive I should look for one and replace it just to see because all the connectors are tight.
    Google around first to see if require programming when replacing the circuit board. I recall the board looked pretty simple but never know with these modern cars.

Here is an interesting thread. While it doesn't sound like your problem, fix on post #9 was a software reload. http://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-v...ats-v70-18698/
    Past Volvos : 01 V70 T5, 01/02 V70XC, 02 V70 NA, 00 V70XC
    Current EV/Hybrid : 13 Tesla S85, 11 Gen3 Prius
    Friends cars under my care 17 Audi A4 Quattro DSG (B9) 05 Audi A4 Manual 6sp Quattro (B7) 04 e320 V6 Auto, 05 Accord 2.4, 08 Element 2.4, 08 Camry Hybrid
    Past Others : 01/03 VW MK4 Turbo/NA/01M. Gen1 Prius, Gen1 CRV, Gen2 Rav4, 02 Town&Country, 06 Corolla, 12 Audi A4 Quattro (B8), 07 Civic 1.6
    https://sites.google.com/view/howardsvolvos