Default Putting a VIN 55 (6th and 7th digit) engine in my VIN 56 XC.. Will it work?

Exploring engine and driveline options here.

I have a 1998 V70 XC... I see engines from 1997, GLTs, some ask FWD.. . Can my AWD be "deleted" on a 55 engine and trans swap?

No, very different. That's a non turbo engine
    All emails please use: jrl1194 (at) aol.com

2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak, 112K miles. My daily driver and GORGEOUS
    2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now at 148K miles !! and still (almost) perfect.
    2000 S70 GLT SE with 29,000 miles!!! A time capsule, V70R front bumper, Volans, etc. SOLD!!! (I Will regret selling this!)

Thanks! So sorry for late reply.

I think the engine I need for the 98 I have is located in North Las Vegas, NV. I see it on EBay. I have to wait to buy it, I'm in homeless shelter and saving up my money for now.

I do intend to get a new engine in that car, and let THAT be the starting point for not doing ANY stupid ***t again.

I may even get this.. Or my friend may. Its local to me.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5547525879.html

(^ I looked at it already. Its got a noise, somewhere under hood.. Very well could be rod knock but its not loud. Its got lower miles and shifts better than mine, which still needs that solenoid before it probably shifts perfect. And no DTCs or CEL. So.. If my friend gets it, I'll keep tabs on it. I'm on the bus for now.)