Default 2008 XC70 Firewall Passthrough

I want instructions to find the firewall Passthrough, for routing my electronics directly to the engine compartment fuse box. I found a uTube video of an older model Volvo, but it is a different setup on the 2008 models.
    The Passthrough shown looks like several tubes (with covers) running from near the fuse box into the driver's side.
    Any suggestions?
    By the way, the local Volvo dealer was NO HELP, the National Volvo Customer Service advised they could not provide any help. Google found an older model getting the Pass-Through location filmed...but nothing for 2008.
    I'll just take it to a stereo guy I respect and let him figure it out. I just thought Volvo might actually care about someone that owns an older Volvo. They forget that many sales of Volvo are because people see older Volvos that look great...and they last if maintained.
    Last edited by BruDaniell; 03-22-2016 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Additional information

I know this is more than three years later, but did you ever find a useable pass-through? I have 2008 XC70, and want to use a mobile radio that needs a direct connection. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyinNOLA View Post
    I want to use a mobile radio that needs a direct connection.
    You need to find somewhere for + and - 12 volts?

You don't have to go directly to the battery. (but without a wiring diagram that might be easier than finding where factory accessories can hook up under the dash)

Probably any teenager/twenty something that works installing radios could rig something in easily for a few dollars.

I take it you are looking for unswitched 12V power for a radio. You didn't say how many watts of power. If you have the visor with HomeLink (3 buttons that trigger garage door openers), there is an always-on 12V wire that comes up through the A-pillar on the driver's side. You could study the fuse panel defs for your MY, find the fuse for the HomeLink, and then connect from there. I suppose the correct way would be to recruit an empty fuse position nearby, so that your radio's power has its own dedicated fuse.
    2013 XC70 T6 Flamenco Red (hers)
    2015 XC70 T6 Seashell Metallic (his)
    past: 13 Volvos going back to '74 242 sedan