Question Does this 2008 XC70 sound like a fixed up car, or a dying car?

Greetings, forum!

I do not yet own a Volvo XC70, but have longed for one for a long time.

I found a used 2008 XC70 at my city's premier Volvo dealer. The dealer also sells new & has a Volvo service shop. Given what I've learned about recent issues/repairs on the vehicle, I'm not sure if I've found a car that has been carefully examined and now is in great condition, or a car that will likely continue to crop up issues. I figure given the forum's experience with Volvos, the description of the vehicle and recent repair history might produce some good input for me on whether to go forward, or to look at a different car. Volvo runs in my family, so I do have a trusted Volvo mechanic that I will have do a pre-purchase inspection as well, should I get that far.

Ok, here's the info:

2008 Volvo XC70
    110k miles
    $11.3k

Learned from investigation of Carfax:
    2/15: Check Engine for Evap system. Fixed by SW upgrade.
    3/15: AC compressor noise. Replaced AC compressor & in-cabin temp sensor
    9/15: 'TPMS issue'. Replaced sensors, SW upgrade for central computer
    9/15: Check Engine for fuel pressure sensor. Replaced sensor.
    3/16: Instrument cluster shows no msg or km/hr on right side of display. Turn signal switch recommended to be replaced (not done). ....Instrument cluster does look ok now so I'm not sure what else may have transpired.

Work done by Dealer:
    3/16 Brakes, vacuum pump, lower control arm bushings, motor mount, bulb replacement etc.

On our 2010 with 70k miles, I've replaced the fuel cap twice for Evap codes, had the AC compressor replaced under warranty (runs year round in Houston), had one LCA bushing replaced, and had the "oil trap" replaced after the crankcase over-pressured. I consider all these things minor since they were over the last six years. I've also replaced three batteries (!), they just cook in the TX heat.

So, I'd consider what you list as mostly normal. If the leather is in good condition, the car should give another 100k miles. Maybe try to get the dealer to throw in a one-year warranty to give you a little more peace of mind. BTW, we'll be keeping ours for at least six more years.
    2010 T6 - Climate, Convenience, Premium Audio, RSE, Moonroof, ABL
    2002 V70XC, sold to move to Japan

2014 Moto Guzzi Stelvio