Default XC90 V8 Transmission Fluid Change?

I just bought an 07 xc90 V8 and and am considering changing the transmission fluid. The owners manual makes no mention at all to ever checking the fluid, and I can't seem to locate a dipstick. So, I'm at a loss as to how to check the fluid level, or even change the fluid if it can be done via the gibbons method.. Any thoughts?

- it's pretty simple- the drain plug has an integrated level plug so there are three plugs total- one on top of the transmission under the airbox for fill, and the dual drain/ inner level plug. When I do mine every 30 -40 k miles I drain it from the bottom, measure the amount with a graduated container and refill with the same amount. You can do the hose gibbons method at the radiator cooler as well for a full change just make sure you put the correct amount back. alternatively you can use the vida temperature method and use the inner fill plug on the drain for fluid level. Make sure and use the correct either volvo or toyota fluid.

Mobil 3309 fluid sourced from Amazon is the same fluid.

Has anyone used Valvoline MaxLife Synthetic fluid?
    '04 XC90 2.5T AWD 7-Passenger w/ Climate, Premium and Versatility packages and Xenon headlights.
    GROM Bluetooth audio adapter for the High Performance Audio system.