Default Door Locks Not Locking With the Key Fob on two doors

I have just noticed some strange behavior with my 2008 XC70. When I lock the car with the key fob the drivers door the rear drivers door don't lock. The button appears to go down about halfway, but not enough to lock the car. All the other electrics are still working, offside doors lock and the mirrors fold as normal.

I can still manually lock the problem doors by physically pressing the lock button and closing the door whilst holding the handle open, this is a workaround to ensure the car is secure. The problem doors will open successfully with they key fob, it's just locking them that is the problem.

Anyone else on the forum seen a similar issue - any tips ?

thanks if you can help,
    Owen

Hi Owen,

After reading your post I did wonder if you might have a couple of sticking solenoids in the doors or wiring harness connection issues if the buttons only go down halfway on both doors, as I suspect that both doors are linked together?

I am assuming that your XC is Right Hand Drive which makes the Offside doors Driver & Rear the 'problem' while the Nearside Doors operate as normal.

I have a 2009 XC70 LHD (262,000 km) which occasional experiences the same problem with the RH doors during cold weather. It appears to be a CAN network issue in the cable harness located between car and the RH front door. Before taking door apart, I moved the cable harness assembly horizontal a few times and it fixed the problem. I have had to do this a couple of time over the last two years.