Default XC90, Electronics, ABS, V8, 2006

A few days ago received a warning of "Brake Failure Stop Safely" and and for engine service required. Also shows a red-light for ABS. The odometer and trip meters, seat heaters, DSTC don't work. The steering is stiffer than usual (like the power steering is only half working.

Any suggestions or ideas on what's causing this????

Thanks.

So far, my research has indicated that it may be the CEM and related to possible water ingress or some other malfunction in the unit. It may be one or more relays that have failed on the CEM. Unfortunately, the CEM is time consuming to remove as it is located in the firewall, with connectors on the engine and interior sides. XEMODEX will repair the CEM for CDN$299, plus shipping. As it is plug and play, so reloading of software is required.

Any comments or suggestions before I start on the project??

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo4Skier View Post
    Any comments or suggestions before I start on the project??
    Scan or have car scanned using Vida, and follow diagnostic process suggested for each code. (if any are stored)
    - then make an educated determination as to what might be causing your problems.

If you determine it might be CEM related, Before shipping to xemodex search for help on their website or discuss by phone
    - they have been very helpful making sure the units I send to them have problems they have seen before and can fix.