Default Turn Signal oddity

2003 model, my turn signals work but the green arrows on the dash and the click-click-click sound do not. Any ideas?

Likely candidate is your DIMM is failing. I have a 2003 and my turn signals recently started doing the same thing. They work on the exterior, but there is no visual display on the DIMM nor the click-click-click sound. Prior to the turn signal issue, my clock and trip odometers don't work either. The clock spins rapidly through the hours and minutes, sometimes backwards, sometimes forward, and the trip odometers reset at random intervals. That phenomena has been happening for about four-five years now. The turn signal just started happening this past summer. A new DIMM at a Volvo dealer will you about $1200-$1500. A better alternative would be to pull the DIMM and send it to Xemodex (www.xemodex.com) and have it repaired. Substantially cheaper option. That's what I plan to do eventually. If you search the forum for DIMM, you will find other posts with folks experiencing similar issues. Good luck!
    Cheers, Gary

2022 XC60 B5/Black
    2021 XC60 T5/ Osmium Gray (Wife's)
    2017 XC60 T6/ Bright Silver (Loaned to my Son)
    2015.5 XC70/Silver (Loaned to my Daughter)

2007 XC70/Rubyred (RIP)
    2003 XC70/Platinum Green (RIP)
    2001 V70/White (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Likely candidate is your DIMM is failing. I have a 2003 and my turn signals recently started doing the same thing. They work on the exterior, but there is no visual display on the DIMM nor the click-click-click sound. Prior to the turn signal issue, my clock and trip odometers don't work either. The clock spins rapidly through the hours and minutes, sometimes backwards, sometimes forward, and the trip odometers reset at random intervals. That phenomena has been happening for about four-five years now. The turn signal just started happening this past summer. A new DIMM at a Volvo dealer will you about $1200-$1500. A better alternative would be to pull the DIMM and send it to Xemodex (www.xemodex.com) and have it repaired. Substantially cheaper option. That's what I plan to do eventually. If you search the forum for DIMM, you will find other posts with folks experiencing similar issues. Good luck!
    Thanks! I'll start some research.