Default Release of the new volvo XC 70 2016

hello everybody.
    I am waiting for the new XC 70 to be released in spain.
    Does anyone know ablut it ?
    Thank you.

Which "new" XC70 are you referring to. The MY16 XC70 should be available at least for order in most European markets now. This MY16 XC70 is not a new model but the final year of the 3rd generation XC70 launched in 2008. Sometime in 2016 calendar year the totally new replacement for the V70 - to be called the V90 - will be released most likely as an MY17 model. Some time later - probably in early 2017, the high-riding version of this V90 - called the V90CC - will be released. This is the replacement for the current model XC70.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by brissim View Post
    Which "new" XC70 are you referring to. The MY16 XC70 should be available at least for order in most European markets now. This MY16 XC70 is not a new model but the final year of the 3rd generation XC70 launched in 2008. Sometime in 2016 calendar year the totally new replacement for the V70 - to be called the V90 - will be released most likely as an MY17 model. Some time later - probably in early 2017, the high-riding version of this V90 - called the V90CC - will be released. This is the replacement for the current model XC70.

Tony
    So, the brand new model of the XC 70, will be called V90 CC, and will not be on the market until mid 2017 ?

Quote Originally Posted by VOLVITO67 View Post
    So, the brand new model of the XC 70, will be called V90 CC, and will not be on the market until mid 2017 ?
    That is correct - although would suggest perhaps early 2017.

At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if Volvo themselves don't know the timing of the release of the new generation models. The release of the new XC90 seems to have taken forever. The new S90 sedan (replacing the current S80) will be revealed later this year for a release early-mid 2016. At this stage we haven't seen any "spy" shots of the production V90 wagon version (replacing the current V70) so expect that to be launched in early 2016 for a release in late 2016. From this V90 wagon will come the V90CC replacing the current model XC70. It may be released at the same time as the V90 wagon, but recent history with Volvo is that they release the CC or Cross Country version of the wagon 6 months or so after the standard wagon (think V40CC vs V40 and more recently the V60CC vs V60). Against that argument is that back in 2008, the then new S80, V70 and XC70 were launched fairly much at the same time. So who knows? But certainly I don't see the V90CC being released until late 2016 at the absolute earliest.

Tony

I have given up waiting for a 'new' XC70 or whatever it will be called.
    The gas mileage on the 2011 is dismal
    I just may purchase a Diesel Golf AWD Sportwagon when released in the USA.-Richard
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Retract that last statement!-Richard
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Quote Originally Posted by budrichard View Post
    I have given up waiting for a 'new' XC70 or whatever it will be called.
    The gas mileage on the 2011 is dismal
    I just may purchase a Diesel Golf AWD Sportwagon when released in the USA.-Richard
    If 'you lot' got your diesel together (in view of the latest VW 'scandal' - perhaps you're spared that...) then over this side of the pond all you can buy is the diesel model. I've got a MY '13 D5 and it goes well over UK's cart tracked roads. 38 (UK) mpg and some claim 45....
    Mike.

Mine: XC 70 Sport 2009 D5 Inscription Electric Blue.
    VNS, DSTC and 4C, BLIS, LDW ventilated leather ACC; Yummy.

All gone now - XC70 MY 13 SE LUX Flamenco red - goes better than the '09 even with its "Polestar plus" upgrade. I justy miss the PCC...

Hers: V60 Flamenco Red 215HP D5 (like above XC70 spec)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    If 'you lot' got your diesel together (in view of the latest VW 'scandal' - perhaps you're spared that...) then over this side of the pond all you can buy is the diesel model. I've got a MY '13 D5 and it goes well over UK's cart tracked roads. 38 (UK) mpg and some claim 45....
    Just did a return trip up to off airport parking at London Heathrow for a few days away in Europe and as the Diesel 'Tug' is loosening up, the trip computer after arriving back home was displaying 52.5 MPG, while looking at where the fuel indicator is as opposed to where it was is correct!