Question How do you remove the Brake Pedal Position sensor?

As part of my repair/troubleshooting the brake system I kept getting a message in VIDA about the brake pedal position sensor, so I purchased a new one. I looked at the instructions in the resources, but I cant figure out how to get to the metal retaining spring...

When I lok at the sensor, all I see is black plastic. Is there a plastic cover over the metal spring? Does that plastic cover come off first? I'm afraid f prying it off only to find out it's not supposed...
    Thor - 2004 XC70 (225k and going strong!)
    Gunnar - 2013 C30 T5 - Traded in on...
    Ty - 2013 S60 R-Design!!

Yeah, I guess I'm a Volvo guy... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by passleft View Post
    As part of my repair/troubleshooting the brake system I kept getting a message in VIDA about the brake pedal position sensor, so I purchased a new one. I looked at the instructions in the resources, but I cant figure out how to get to the metal retaining spring...

When I lok at the sensor, all I see is black plastic. Is there a plastic cover over the metal spring? Does that plastic cover come off first? I'm afraid f prying it off only to find out it's not supposed...

See this thread http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...pedal+position
    2001 V70XC - Nautic Blue/ 2-tone Sand/ Premium/ Instant MPG 12 - 63/ Pirelli P4 12/32" - 740/ Duracell 48/ MOBIL-3309/ Pennzoil EURO 5W-40/ Zimmerman Z-coated/ Akebono/ 190K-mi/ Great Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by Xheart View Post
    Thanx Xheart, my search mojo was off the other day and somehow I missed this. The trick was to remove the strut bar and to clean off the sides of the assembly; mine was covered with road dirt and the spring clip was a bit corroded so it blended in with the plastic housing.
    Thor - 2004 XC70 (225k and going strong!)
    Gunnar - 2013 C30 T5 - Traded in on...
    Ty - 2013 S60 R-Design!!

Yeah, I guess I'm a Volvo guy... ;-)