Default Anyone use a dedicated ATF flush machine to do the job? 2007 XC90 3.2 AWD

Hey Guys,

Have any of you has use a Flush Machine to flush your ATF fluid? I am thinking to use this method to flush the ATF on my 2007 XC90 3.2 AWD.

I know many of you have done this by yourself and I was thinking doing it myself but after checking the Movil 3309 and Toyota WS prices here in my country (Central America) it will cost less if I take the car to a dedicated oil lube Store.

A few weeks ago I took my 2007 Toyota Prado to this Oil Lube Store were they flush the ATF with Valvoline Max ATF. They put 20 quarts on the machine and I saw thru the clear hose how this machine pull out the old ATF and introduce the new ATF.

I told him that I have a Volvo and I want Movil 3309 and he says no problem that I just have to tell him when I want to do the flush and he will get the 20 quarts of Movil 3309

So here is what I will do on the XC90. I am going to do the flush, after he finish, I will drive the car for around 15 minutes to get the ATF to temperature, then he will rise the car in a car elevator and he will remove the integrated level plug in order that fluid coming out and get it to the correct level. If fluid does not come out, he will add more until it drop out. Then he will tighten the torx screw back in the integrated level plug.

Any advice with the method he will use to check the ATF fluid Level?

THX,

Isaac

BTW, here are some pics when I was doing the ATF Flush on the Toyota Prado

Seems reasonable...and good call on only using the 3309 fluid. 20 quarts is pllllenty. Mine usually was good after 12-13 quarts though...depends on how dirty your transmission is. The 3.2 tranny still has an ATF dipstick no?

Quote Originally Posted by Forkster View Post
    Seems reasonable...and good call on only using the 3309 fluid. 20 quarts is pllllenty. Mine usually was good after 12-13 quarts though...depends on how dirty your transmission is. The 3.2 tranny still has an ATF dipstick no?
    Nope, is does not have a ATF dipstick.

I am thinking I will use the regular method everybody here has use.

THX,

Isaac

I heard about it before, and never tired it yet. I still do the normal drain and fill.