Default Just bought a 2007 XC90 V8. A couple of questions.

Hi. Full disclosure: I posted this question on another Volvo forum but didn't get much response. I'll try here. My first Volvo.

After getting some very good advice in another thread I went with it and bought a 2007 V8 from a nice dealer in Ottawa. I'm pretty stoked to be honest.

I have a couple of questions now,

1. What should I do right now? Dealer will change the oil but besides that should I change any other fluids? I'll check air filter too. Any other things?

2. What about the regular maintenance in the future? In my other car and my truck I'm used to changing the oil every 5k so I'll do that in the Volvo too. I'll use synthetic. Besides oil, what else should I look after?

3. 3rd row seating. The only downside about the XC90 I bought today is that it doesn't have the 3rd row seating. It wasn't a deal breaker for me so it's all right. Now I'm wondering if I can get some seats off eBay and install them? Has it ever been done or is it even possible? I have a friend who is a mechanic genius so if it's doable I can get him to do it. I realize that this is impossible. No big deal.

Sidenote: I grew up in Denmark and moved over here to Canada around five years ago now. For fun I checked the asking price for the V8 back in 2007. It was $181.000 US. I kid you not! It is an amazing feeling for me to be able to own such a vehicle.

Thats all for now I think. Thanks again.

Mat
    Last edited by mmww; 05-28-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Welcome to Canada!

You got some really good advice from that thread.

1. Did someone check the fluids before you bought it? How did they look? Do you have maintenance records to show the last time they were changed?
    It might give you some peace of mind to know that you changed the ATF, brake fluid, etc.

2. Check the owner's manual, follow it. Routinely inspect things for wear - belts, hoses.

3. Yeah. No.
    I'm applying my hard-earned (more like bought) knowledge to a 2004 XC90 2.5T.
    Read about my adventures at http://volvoxc90site.com